• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 307 Power Steering Problem

Lioncub

Question

Hi guys...!

I have a Peugeot 307 Hatchback 1.6v 2003 model. About 3 months back I started to experience a problem with my steering. It felt stiff when I was turning @ low speeds & specially when I was reversing. Since I don't use this car that much I was not that worried & now its becoming a bit harder even when lm driving at a speed. In some instances steering feels like it wants to turn the other way. Like its pushing my hand, so I have to force.

A Peugeot mechanic said I will have to replace the power steering pump. I want to do it. But needs a good second opinion before that.

Any advice guys. Where should I take it to get the job done.

Thanks..

5 answers to this question

Hi LionCub.

Is it the Electric Power steering pump in yours? If you are not sure, please refer to this Image. If yes. please refer to the following Link and follow the procedure before changing the PUMP.

To see the Pump Image http://imageshack.com/a/img829/9927/e44a.png

To follow the procedure http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/power-steering-problem-16106/

ALL THE BEST

I had a 307 which had the same syptoms. Its the hydro electric power steering pump (Situated under the windsscreen washer bottle cap). I got a second hand unit from a shop and replaced. Problem went away. I used the caltex ATF J fluid instead of the expensive Peugeot oil. Never had any problems.