• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz Cvt Issue

Rachitha

Question

Recently I experienced a hiccup while driving our Vitz which is a 1000cc (KSP90).

Then I called a known mechanic and recommend to change the CVT oil and do a calibration.

I did so and it was pulling well after the oil change.

But after about one week the problem has come up again and some times the gear is not engaging even though you are in "D" mode.

After sending back to the agent, they are not able to rectify and possible gearbox replacement was recommended.

Your experince and advise for a solution is welcome.

4 hours ago, tux said:

Thanks Stig, so there is no additional wear in CVT due to heavy traffic?

But I heard from a of Kangaroo driver that most of their 141 axios faced CVT issues after 100K kms.

Nope, what will cause wear is abusing the gearbox and improper maintenance.  Staying in traffic for long periods is not only a Sri Lankan problem, be rest assured that manufacturers would have thought about this simple problem. 

As for kangaroo cab issue I am not an expert on cvts nor do I like them, so haven't really bothered to do any research. But AFAIK cvt gearboxes seem to be failing at much lower mileages than traditional autos.