• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice On Buying Mitsubishi Colt 2007 Model

lakshan20

Question

Hi,

I need an advice from autolanka experts regarding buying a Mitsubishi Colt 2007 model. I have gone to visit the car. It is in very good condition apart from 2-3 negligible scratches in doors & 2 cigarette burns in the front seat. Further there was a small noise from the blower & he told that he will repair it before selling. I have not gone for a test drive. I'm very much happy with its condition. Owner is asking around 20.50/= for it. Odometer clocks at 71000 kms and registered in 2011.

I have search the autolanka forums for Mitsubishi Colt new models, but could n't find anything. So my questions are,

1). Does this model worth 20.50 laks?

2). Is there any easy way to fix cigarette burns in seats?

3). Will it be difficult to resell this model?

Thank you very much.

post-55774-0-67270300-1413123921_thumb.j

post-55774-0-63491600-1413123923_thumb.j

post-55774-0-67029600-1413123925_thumb.j

post-55774-0-89753300-1413123927_thumb.j

Edited by MADZ

8 answers to this question

Lakshan, I'm a big fan of Mitsubishi, but I do need to ask, is this car popular in SL because I haven't seen any on my visits there....

With regards to cigarette burns, you can fix them, but usually you have to re upholster the entire car, because you can't usually find the original fabric to fix just the affected bit. If its a small burn might be able to patch it up.

The answer to your last question depending on your answer to my first question above.

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I knw its a very rare model in Sri Lanka. I have seen only 3-4 ads in the past 10 months. There was another ad for same model in two months back & when I contacted him he told that it was sold for 19.50. Cigarette burns are something similar to this.

post-55774-0-73482300-1413197835_thumb.j

One burn is in the arm rest & other one is in the seat.

My advice is don't buy a car just because its cheap. I think the Colt is a fairly ordinary car, and if its not available in large numbers, you need to buy at a low price because sourcing parts can be quite difficult.

Also I won't usually buy a car if its been smoked in as getting the smell of smoke out is a project in its own right.

May I recommend a Demio or a Swift or even a 1000cc Vitz for a little bit more money..... Or a Viva Premium for little less.

I have contacted 2 Colt owners who already sold their cars. They have mentioned that parts are available at Mitsubishi Agent.

Thanks for your suggestions. But Vitz and Demio is not spacious as Colt and fuel consumption is not good enough as I've heard. I expect at least 13+ Kmpl in City limits.

I have contacted 2 Colt owners who already sold their cars. They have mentioned that parts are available at Mitsubishi Agent.

Thanks for your suggestions. But Vitz and Demio is not spacious as Colt and fuel consumption is not good enough as I've heard. I expect at least 13+ Kmpl in City limits.

Its your money so your decision :)

I admire you trying to get something rare. But since its a A-to-B car I think you are better off with a more common hatchback. Because you will have issues finding parts and you will have to wait a bit when selling.

I was considering Mazda MX3 and Mitsubishi FTO as my 1st car (daily drive) and I'm glad I changed my mind. Because of more practical reasons :)

Well like Don i too am a great fan of Mitsubishi but I have to say that for a daily runner the Colt is not the car in Sri Lanka as not many are around as such parts availability will be limited to the agents can be expensive so personally i wont buy it,but its your money and your wish !