• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hard To Turn The Key

Jor-el

Hello J.E

WD40 would be a temporary measure and it IS a penetrant.

It will penetrate and lubricate soon after you spray but will evaporate in a while too.

Best would be to dismantle and remove rust/put a little bit of oil and check for freeness of moving parts and fix the issue of water ingress.

All the best

Edited by zaradiyel

WD40 is used in this kind of situations primarily not because it is a penetrating oil or because of its lubricating qualities. WD40 as the name suggests is a water/moisture repellent (Hence WD - Water Displacement 40th batch or something, originally developed to prevent corrosion in nuclear missiles) and prevents further corrosion but requires repeated applications from time to time.

• Like 2

WD40 is used in this kind of situations primarily not because it is a penetrating oil or because of its lubricating qualities. WD40 as the name suggests is a water/moisture repellent (Hence WD - Water Displacement 40th batch or something, originally developed to prevent corrosion in nuclear missiles) and prevents further corrosion but requires repeated applications from time to time.

Rumesh, haven't you considered running some sort of an automotive blog for the Sri Lankan folks? I learn something new in almost every post you make.

• Like 4

Rumesh, haven't you considered running some sort of an automotive blog for the Sri Lankan folks? I learn something new in almost every post you make.

I wish I had time to do it, for I'm employed full time at present. Thank you for the suggestion BTW.

• Like 1