• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Spills In A Fit Hybrid Trunk

AMI0755

Question

Can Spills in the FIT Hybrid Trunk seep in to the Battery or baterry compartment ?

I has a bad accident :-(

When traveling back home from a 300 km journey, a jar with liquid salt has been put in the bag which was hadled harshly ans packed in the trunk.

When unpacking following orning i found that there is a Spill, check in the car did not find any traces, but it might be too late to spot any traces.

I want to do an interrror cleaning ASAP, but want to know whther i have to get the hybrid battery compartment cleaned as well (I need to get expert support for that ofcourse)

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Because it is salt, you need to take off the interior and do a through clean to avoid future rust in those areas.

May I suggest you consult the agent on this matter as it probably needs to be physically inspected. Also there might be protocol to follow before trying to steam clean the interior of a hybrid vehicle particularly close to the main battery.