• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Proton Gen 2 Fuel Gage

pragashonlink

Question

Hi,

I have a proton Gen 2 2005 Auto transmission car. The fuel Gage doesn't indicate the actual amount of fuel left in the tank. It always shows that the tank is empty and all of a sudden shows a random value which goes down again immediately. I tried changing the Fuel pump to see if that fixed the issue but, unfortunately the issue is not fixed yet.

Can anybody suggest me a reason for this also, anybody who knows a good and reliable mechanic to fix this kind of issues.

Regards,

Pragash

Edited by pragashonlink

3 answers to this question

This is a known issue in some protons. Did you take the car to Swedish trading? Did you change the fuel tank floater or the pump or the whole assembly? Usually changin the floater should solve it.

I had that problem too but ddn't bother fixing it.

Edited by Crosswind

I changed the fuel meter as suggested by a mechanic at Swedish trading but, the problem isn't fixed yet. The mechanic had no clue as well. Then, I took it to another mechanic and he said the meter should be calibrated. But, then, it was working for sometime even though wasn't accurate. But, now the meter has gone back to it's old state. I contacted the swedish trading but, then, don't seem to undertake anything related to Proton it seems. So, kind of thinking if there is a better place to show my car?