• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motor Tricycle

Nishan.dj

Question

8 answers to this question

Trike or could be the motor bike with side car. Something like a below one;

motorcycle-sidecar.jpg

I already have a motorbike, and may be a sidecar can be fixed to the one I have?

And what license grade I should fall in to ride this thing on road?

I looked few places and never found even any clue where I can find one. Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

There's a chance that you will be able to find a sidecar stashed somewhere in a small shop in Kurunegala or Negombo if you go looking.

I'd also check with Ceylon International Motor Company (Lal uncle's place in Madiwela). But I think you will have better luck fabricating one.

Rhamzi Ahmed also built a a trike a while back using a Hayabusa, some parts off of a Ford Focus and custom fiberglass work.

• Like 1

There's a chance that you will be able to find a sidecar stashed somewhere in a small shop in Kurunegala or Negombo if you go looking.

I'd also check with Ceylon International Motor Company (Lal uncle's place in Madiwela). But I think you will have better luck fabricating one.

Rhamzi Ahmed also built a a trike a while back using a Hayabusa, some parts off of a Ford Focus and custom fiberglass work.

That trike was some serious stuff... It maybe beyond the everyday newbie's capability to do a DIY trike with a hayabusa engine (financially and technologically).

That trike was some serious stuff... It maybe beyond the everyday newbie's capability to do a DIY trike with a hayabusa engine (financially and technologically).

That's definitely true. Just wanted to point out that that sort of a job was pulled off locally. For Nishan's purposes, I would imagine it's not entirely out of reach to build a sidecar with a little bit of help from a steel fabricator.