• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help needed in buying 110 Land Rover

Mike David

Question

I hope someone can help me with this, I'm looking to buy a Land Rover 110/Defender 110. My budget is around 3.5 - 4.0 Mil. 

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to buy a Land Rover 110 with clear documents for this price? 

I would have so far looked at more than 20 defenders. Almost all of them seem dodgy or have non land rover engines transplanted or the paper work doesn't match the vehicle. 

I want to buy a genuine car that has not been messed up with various different parts. 

I found one vehicle that seems genuine. It's a 1993 Defender 110 with 12J engine and LT77 gearbox. The seller says it's a former BOC defender. 

The car looks to be in very good condition. Took it for a test drive and everything seems fine. The seller says it was restored at LR motors. His is asking for 4.7 Mil. 

Does this seem a fair price? If not could someone tell me what would be fair market price for this car? 

My apologies for asking so many questions. I am very interested in buying this car. 

Thanks in advance. 

4 answers to this question

Mate is this a 4 door?, 

Well if its original its worth a look, but the pricing is not realistic. With nowadays traffic,  12J in a 110 will feel quite slow, probably the engine and gearbox are quite worn and your whole driving experience  won't be much, You'll pretty much end up regretting spending such a sum for a vehicle that aged. My best bet is offer a realistic price, bag it and restore it, or keep looking

Thanks Tiv. It's a 5 door station wagon.  

I would not be using this car on a daily basis. I'm looking at using as a vehicle I can take for camping and bit of off roading. The 12J is sluggish. But I'm not really in a hurry to get anywhere so for the moment 12J would do. 

What do you think would be a fair price for this car? As far as I can see this car is original. Everything in the book matches the car. The VIN is SALLDHMC7KAXXXXXX. The car itself runs fine thought quite loud. 

Would be a great help if a suggestion can be given on what the maximum price I should offer for this car. 

Thanks a lot. 

I cannot quote an exact price without looking at the vehicle mate, but a 110 with 12J, whatever the spec or condition, under local circumstances, will not go for 4.7 mil, or anything north of 4 mil, unless some specific reason