• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ford Laser 2000 - Hold Light

Nuw123

Hi Guys, 

Can anyone advice whats the hold light indicates in Ford Laser 2000 dash bord, my friend told me that though there is no issue with the  drive the hold light start blinking after he started driving the car. ( aprox : after 5 KM ),.

Is this a serious issue ? or a wire connection error 

Any idea on this ? 

17 minutes ago, Nuw123 said:

Hi Guys, 

Can anyone advice whats the hold light indicates in Ford Laser 2000 dash bord, my friend told me that though there is no issue with the  drive the hold light start blinking after he started driving the car. ( aprox : after 5 KM ),.

Is this a serious issue ? or a wire connection error 

Any idea on this ? 

Blinking hold light indicates something wrong with the transmission or even a check engine fault. There can be something wrong that you cant see or feel, It might not be an issue at all but even small loose connection or dirt on sensors gives this error. Either way get it checked.

13 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Blinking hold light indicates something wrong with the transmission or even a check engine fault. There can be something wrong that you cant see or feel, It might not be an issue at all but even small loose connection or dirt on sensors gives this error. Either way get it checked.

Thanks @The Stig Any recomended place for the checkup ? 

Go to mazna motors papaliyana 

Lalith - 071 424 2464

Just get a diagnosis down from them, before doing any repairs ask us. 

Edited by The Stig

Could be something to do with the auto transmission. Do you feel any issues with the transmission like delay in transmitting in to gears or delays in the morning. I've had the same issue with my Ford and it lead to changing the gear box itself.:( So better have it checked soon ... 

Well yeah so far so good. Sometime I kinda feel small unusual accelerations during transmission. But I keep ignoring :) Anyways, have it checked at Mazna Motors , if it has anything to do with the Gear Box, I suggest you go to Nilwala Garage.