Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

Toyota Corolla 141 (2008/ 2009) or Honda Insight Hybrid (2009/2010)


Aegon
 Share

Question

Long story short!! My budget is 3.2Mil (max). Toyota Corolla 141 (2008/ 2009) or Honda Insight Hybrid (2009/2010) are on the plate. I am a foreign worker who visit Sri Lanka every 3 months for 15 days. Car I buy won’t be used much when I am not around but I like driving long hours when I am in Sri Lanka. I consider below factors when buying a car.

1.       Comfort since I will take my family

2.       Decent Mileage (for long drives)

3.       Safety in unforeseen circumstances

4.       Second market

5.       Availability of spare parts and maintenance

Give me a head start, lads!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Also insight is around 3.4 to 3.8. But you can go for Corolla 121 G grade. But i don't think you can find one with low millage. Toyota Vios  2008 can be managed. If you like try for it. The belta body VVTI does around 15-17 km/ltr in long rides. Safe and comfort is good with this car. Try for properly maintained vehicle with service records.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
56 minutes ago, Xtreme Auto said:

Also insight is around 3.4 to 3.8. But you can go for Corolla 121 G grade. But i don't think you can find one with low millage. Toyota Vios  2008 can be managed. If you like try for it. The belta body VVTI does around 15-17 km/ltr in long rides. Safe and comfort is good with this car. Try for properly maintained vehicle with service records.

121 G is a Old. I had it in my mind but dropped because of the year of manufacture and mileage (no idea why they are so expensive :/). Vios and belta was also considerations but female members of my family doesn't like the face of these ;) I came across a 2008 141 which has done 90k. His price is around 3.5M but I am negotiating for 3.3M. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

15 days every 3 months = 60 days for an entire year.

If so going for a hybrid really makes no sense. Apart from the depreciation factor, your battery will just go bad without you ever using it.

Why not consider some decent euro like an e46 320D or Pug 407 ?

1.       Comfort since I will take my family - No jap will come close to either

2.       Decent Mileage (for long drives) - you will get 16-18 minimum

3.       Safety in unforeseen circumstances - nothing to worry in this department

4.       Second market - well...... this is a bit of a question mark

5.       Availability of spare parts and maintenance - Not too much of an issue if you live around colombo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 10/11/2017 at 11:29 AM, Aegon said:

121 G is a Old. I had it in my mind but dropped because of the year of manufacture and mileage (no idea why they are so expensive :/). Vios and belta was also considerations but female members of my family doesn't like the face of these ;) I came across a 2008 141 which has done 90k. His price is around 3.5M but I am negotiating for 3.3M. 

Not to mention 99% 121's in this country are hacked to death, repaired by random mechanics, and plastered up to sell to a poor sucker. Avoid it like the plague.  141 ticks all your boxes.  The Insight isn't a bad car at all  but if you're not driving that much  there's no point  - also consider the euro options mentioned by stig.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 10/12/2017 at 2:00 PM, The Stig said:

15 days every 3 months = 60 days for an entire year.

If so going for a hybrid really makes no sense. Apart from the depreciation factor, your battery will just go bad without you ever using it.

Why not consider some decent euro like an e46 320D or Pug 407 ?

1.       Comfort since I will take my family - No jap will come close to either

2.       Decent Mileage (for long drives) - you will get 16-18 minimum

3.       Safety in unforeseen circumstances - nothing to worry in this department

4.       Second market - well...... this is a bit of a question mark

5.       Availability of spare parts and maintenance - Not too much of an issue if you live around colombo

I second that. A Well maintained diesel euro car will serve your needs quite well. I would avoid the 407 though, too many issues seem to crop up with them. Instead I would look at the A4 Tdi. But a good E46 320d with a full service history is probably the best bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...