• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

...and The Saga Continues

fuzzo

Question

my car (mazda) was back at the agents today for a miss/hesitation and a slight heating issue.

their conclusion on the problem: bad fuel.

details: aparently there is a cylinder imbalance in my car (no idea what that means) the reason is because my spark plugs have rust on them and thus causing the miss. The kicker is that these spark plugs were replaced less than a month ago. so i asked them why the spark plugs would rust in a month. they came up with "there is a high content of water in your fuel tank"

aparently this is the 2nd vehicle they have gotten this week with this issue. the first vehicle was a new vehicle from indra, the new owner had pumped full tank of fuel and had travelled less than 1 km before the car died. they had opened it up and found water in the fuel tank. that owner is trying to sue the fuel station.

as for me, they believe that i have the same issue coz i pump at the same station and hence the reason for the rusted plugs.

wgat do you guys think? bsflag.gif

• Answers 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yes IOC...right near green path... that's where my office has an account...

are you talking about the one opposite the roundabout near SBC???? that fuel station use to be the best one in the country sales wise, hence why the IOC wanted it. i'll doubt they'll do something doggy like that intentionally

I've said it before- thats the worst fuel shed in town.. everything from incorrect liters to mixed or contaminated fuel, and I somehow always get poor milage when I pump there. But I would not say that all IOC's are bad- the one at the Baba just has never given me problems and thats where i try to pump fuel the most.

are you talking about the one opposite the roundabout near SBC???? that fuel station use to be the best one in the country sales wise, hence why the IOC wanted it. i'll doubt they'll do something doggy like that intentionally

yeah this is the station i mentioned. i don't know how true the story claimed by the agents are for my car. the other car owner has filed a case against this station. don't know what will be the outcome of it.

I've said it before- thats the worst fuel shed in town.. everything from incorrect liters to mixed or contaminated fuel, and I somehow always get poor milage when I pump there. But I would not say that all IOC's are bad- the one at the Baba just has never given me problems and thats where i try to pump fuel the most.

Roxy is no better for incorrect litres...they've been doin it for decades...

Roxy is no better for incorrect litres...they've been doin it for decades...

I agree my 'ol mazda used to give me just 60 odd kms when I fueled at Roxy and I blamed the car :angry-smiley-048:

The best sheds in my area.. 1. Bamba Junc(IOC) 2. Dickmens Road (Cey) 3. Laughs (Hav) 4. Laughs (kohu)

I agree my 'ol mazda used to give me just 60 odd kms when I fueled at Roxy and I blamed the car :angry-smiley-048:

The best sheds in my area.. 1. Bamba Junc(IOC) 2. Dickmens Road (Cey) 3. Laughs (Hav) 4. Laughs (kohu)

My preferance is for Ebert Silva's in Dehiwela. Ceypetco, of course :huh:

& machan u pump 95 ne? Gosh.... need to pump petrol for the B15 (90 oct).... running on an empty tank.. :huh: May be they're doing it b'cause of the shortage in fuel, in some IOC's still no petrol. & I will need 95oct most prob tomorrow... :angry-smiley-048:

& machan u pump 95 ne? Gosh.... need to pump petrol for the B15 (90 oct).... running on an empty tank.. :D May be they're doing it b'cause of the shortage in fuel, in some IOC's still no petrol. & I will need 95oct most prob tomorrow... :blink:

Damn this issue is very very serious, i also use dat GP IOC station to pump gas to my car sometimes... and fuzzo tnx so much for the tip! can we here in this thread pool all our expertise/experiences and come to compromise on an ideal list of petrol stations we can trust?

---

i remeber a similar thread was there in the previous forum also and iremeber ppl like dragster had stuff to share with this regard...

i think the koswatte laugfs is the best shed with plenty of pumps and very easy access (unlike most places where 2 cars cant pump at adjacent pumps at once)

I dont agree wz u shaks..they may b having plenty of pumps but the guys who r there are the worst lot I have seen..lethagic bunch :blink: and I have experienced poor milage when I pump from there plus there air pump most of the time is broken.. :D

I dont agree wz u shaks..they may b having plenty of pumps but the guys who r there are the worst lot I have seen..lethagic bunch :blink: and I have experienced poor milage when I pump from there plus there air pump most of the time is broken.. :D

lol touchwood i havent had any problems there...but i'll keep an eye out for it...maybe they dont like u? jk

hold ur horses everybody...speakin to fuzzo earlier the carmart diagnosis cud actually b a load of bullcrap so dont desert the horton place shed yet...

Edited by sharkster

Fuzzo,

Did you pump 90 or 95? Its a curiousity question, because i know my old man gets 95 from there, and i've noticed that his jeep is not as smooth as it used to be....

v

lol not jumping the gun but fuzzo has never pumped 95 in his life!

I dont agree wz u shaks..they may b having plenty of pumps but the guys who r there are the worst lot I have seen..lethagic bunch B) and I have experienced poor milage when I pump from there plus there air pump most of the time is broken.. :D

very true.. also have you noticed that when they pull out.. the pump is very dry... I mean normaly when you pull out you find a lil bit of drops falling off... but at the kosawatte shed it's dry.. even if they pull out early it's still dry...

but I'm not sure about the lethagic part but when i go, the bugger's are so used to me that they know what octane to pump and how many litre's etc... so i dont even have to say a word...

very true.. also have you noticed that when they pull out.. the pump is very dry... I mean normaly when you pull out you find a lil bit of drops falling off... but at the kosawatte shed it's dry.. even if they pull out early it's still dry...

but I'm not sure about the lethagic part but when i go, the bugger's are so used to me that they know what octane to pump and how many litre's etc... so i dont even have to say a word...

these new pumps they cut off when the right amount is pumped. may be thats why the nozzle is dry.

draggy do you always pump full tank???

these new pumps they cut off when the right amount is pumped. may be thats why the nozzle is dry.

draggy do you always pump full tank???

no man... very rarely do I pump full tank... I pump about 1500/= or 2000/= depending on how much fuel I have left...

no man... very rarely do I pump full tank... I pump about 1500/= or 2000/= depending on how much fuel I have left...

sorry guys OT, machang draggy is that your car in classifieds??? if so what happened to the bodykit???