• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mirronaap

Wow!

The last batch of Jawa 250s in Sri Lanka was assembled (they came in crates) and sold by my dad! (Rest his soul). Those were directly brought down from Czechoslovakia.

This was in the late 80s when I was a little kid. He had plans to bring down more Jawas but that didn't work out thanks to the country's volatile political situation at that time.

I've been trying to track down at least one of the bikes but with zero luck. Glad to see this post...

As for your question, no one imports Jawa spares and I don't know if there are any breaker yards that have bits and pieces. But in India, Jawa bikes were locally manufactured and sold as Yezdi. The parts are bolt-on. I have a bikie friend in India. If you can PM me what you need, I can ask the bugger whether he can find it somewhere.

• Like 1

Oh! That's some great background on the bikes! (Would you happen to know a Welikala?) It's actually my brothers craze for the bikes that got me into them. He gave me one of his five bikes (the one in my pic), so I did it up and is in running condition. There will always be things to be improved on, it's quite a distraction to be honest haha. I find myself wandering off on how to improve the bike. I got the ignition system from Czech, had to pay a thumping amount for customs but atleast the bike is in running condition. 

I was actually looking for air filters and exhaust gaskets, however I managed to find alternatives yesterday, just need to try them on and see how it works. Will let you know if the alternatives doesn't meet expectations.

Thanks for your reply!

16 hours ago, Mirronaap said:

Oh! That's some great background on the bikes! (Would you happen to know a Welikala?) It's actually my brothers craze for the bikes that got me into them. He gave me one of his five bikes (the one in my pic), so I did it up and is in running condition. There will always be things to be improved on, it's quite a distraction to be honest haha. I find myself wandering off on how to improve the bike. I got the ignition system from Czech, had to pay a thumping amount for customs but atleast the bike is in running condition. 

I was actually looking for air filters and exhaust gaskets, however I managed to find alternatives yesterday, just need to try them on and see how it works. Will let you know if the alternatives doesn't meet expectations.

Thanks for your reply!

Yup... I think I remember the guy. Had a black 350?

I also remember that the ignition system was pretty troublesome even when the bikes were brand new. The other troublesome parts were the carburetors. I always enjoyed the kicker cum toe-shifter of these bikes. I'm not a bike person per se so I don't what other bike came with the same combo.

Could you post (or at least PM a pic of your bike?)