• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2015 Chevrolet Camaro

Isuru Pathirana

Question

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Isuru Pathirana said:

Can anyone give me a total cost importing a used  2015 Chevrolet Camaro worth of $18,000 and $ 23,000 (2dr Cpe LS w/1LS (2.0L)) to Sri Lanka from 1. US 2. JAPAN ?

Cheers,

15893.jpg

Cant import from US as it will be LHD, will have to be from Japan

Cost 18000@155= 2.8 Mn

Duty 1988cc@2000= 12.0 Mn.

Ins.+ Freight + others around 300K

Approximately Rs. 15 Mn.

3 hours ago, Isuru Pathirana said:

Can anyone give me a total cost importing a used  2015 Chevrolet Camaro worth of $18,000 and $ 23,000 (2dr Cpe LS w/1LS (2.0L)) to Sri Lanka from 1. US 2. JAPAN ?

Cheers,

15893.jpg

LHD cars cannot be imported to Sri Lanka, so it will have to be Japan (or australia if it is available there.) The duty and freight calculation is straightforward and is mentioned in Kush's comment. So you need to look at what the cost will be in one of those two countries and add the stated figures, which should remain consistent for now.

2 hours ago, kush said:

Cant import from US as it will be LHD, will have to be from Japan

Cost 18000@155= 2.8 Mn

Duty 1988cc@2000= 12.0 Mn.

Ins.+ Freight + others around 300K

Approximately Rs. 15 Mn.

Thanks mate. Appreciate your detailed breakdown.  Little bit of confusion there.

"Duty 1988cc@2000= 12.0 Mn."

Shouldn't it be 1800cm3 < x<= 2000cm3  - 6,000 

That means - 1988cc@6000 - 11.928Mn (Your calculation is correct though)

What happened if I import from US and convert it to RHD. How much will be the conversion cost?

Cheers

16 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

LHD cars cannot be imported to Sri Lanka, so it will have to be Japan (or australia if it is available there.) The duty and freight calculation is straightforward and is mentioned in Kush's comment. So you need to look at what the cost will be in one of those two countries and add the stated figures, which should remain consistent for now.

Thanks Supra_Natural for step into this post. Appreciate your help. (thumbs_up). Since my budget is 16Mn have to find something around 14Mn-15Mn.

Another question I have is what is the permitted age limit for importing used car to Sri Lanka?

Cheers

Edited by Isuru Pathirana

15 minutes ago, Isuru Pathirana said:

Thanks Supra_Natural for step into this post. Appreciate your help. (thumbs_up). Since my budget is 16Mn have to find something around 14Mn-15Mn.

Another question I have is what is the permitted age limit for importing used car to Sri Lanka?

Cheers

age limit is 3 years

21 minutes ago, Isuru Pathirana said:

Thanks mate. Appreciate your detailed breakdown.  Little bit of confusion there.

What happened if I import from US and convert it to RHD. How much will be the conversion cost?

Cheers

Best bet to check the conversion cost will be to ask the local operation that does it on a limited basis for re export. I believe it is connected to Edirisinghe brothers. I'm guessing they will quote a couple of million at least because to do it properly is neither easy nor cheap. 

Might be better if you check in Japan if an RHD Camaro is sold there.

1 hour ago, Isuru Pathirana said:

Cheers

sorry it is 1988*6000

On 02/02/2018 at 7:45 PM, Supra_Natural said:

Camaro has just come down to Australia and I think it comes down as HSV.

But Ford Mustang has been available for a while