• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying From A Sale

rman2000

I believe a forum such as this should be for the good of all motorists and and I posted a message asking abt a particular car sale at kohuwela (Patrick Mendis's sale) at 63 dutugemunu street,whether anyone had bought cars from him?? is he reliable etc

all i wanted to know was if its a good place if any one had any prior experiences there (good or bad) ,but alas my post has been deleted from the forum

if thats how its going to happen then its no use of a motoring forum like this,for example if someone complains of a garage where u get ripped off then its for the good of all motorists and but if good reports are coming abt a garage or a car sale then they too would benefit

unless there are vested interests in this site i dont see any reason why my post was deleted

dotn make autolanka look like the Lake House Papers pls!

I believe a forum such as this should be for the good of all motorists and and I posted a message asking abt a particular car sale at kohuwela (Patrick Mendis's sale) at 63 dutugemunu street,whether anyone had bought cars from him?? is he reliable etc

all i wanted to know was if its a good place if any one had any prior experiences there (good or bad) ,but alas my post has been deleted from the forum

if thats how its going to happen then its no use of a motoring forum like this,for example if someone complains of a garage where u get ripped off then its for the good of all motorists and but if good reports are coming abt a garage or a car sale then they too would benefit

unless there are vested interests in this site i dont see any reason why my post was deleted

I once bought a car off him. When i went to see the car i asked for a test drive but he dd'nt let me reverse the car. which i didn't give a second thought at the time. anyway the car ran well and i bought it. No problems at all, except to find out that the reverse gear would jump to nutral if i let go of the clutch fully. I suppose he didn't let me reverse thinking that i would find out the problem to myself.

Thats actually a miner issue. Other than that the car was good.I had no issues at all with it. IMO he's alright. Just make sure you go with someone who really knows about cars (mechanics are ideal)before you make an offer.

Hope this helps you make up your mind.

Cheers

good point. we all are still waiting for the long due forum rules to be officially published. the thing is rman2000 this is a privately owned web site so you have to obey the owners rules.

i too agree with what you are saying. but the problem is criticism can go out of hand very easily. n it can be biased towards one party. so it'll be one of very useful segment we'll never see in this forum.

I aggree with rman200 and xxx, it would be a pity if us as motor enthusiasts are not able to share our thoughts and views about all things motoring which includes our own experiences about sales garrages mechanics etc.

But I guess its a fine line we have to tread in that sense, because as XXX pointed out things tend to go out of hand quite a bit, and become personal and border on defamation, and criminal defamation at that.

I guess as long as critisism is constructive, and based on facts not asumptions, and are not personal and put forward in a polite and diplomatic way should always be welcome in any forum,

but over to Madz and the team to decide on how that would be made possible in this forum,

Because I like many others in the forum, have learned a great deal by reading the many articals posted as well as from the experiences of other members on various occasions.

good luck,

The Don