• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti 800

rman2000

Hi Guys and Gals

One of my friends is thinking of buying a brand new Maruti a and as such i need to some help from u guys as I dont have much experiences in a Maruit other than a 19 - car owned by a friend which i have used and didnt like it at all!!

anyways how good is the latest Maruti in terms of

i) Fuel economy in city and outstation

ii) Is the car hardy enough for our roads?

iii) Does is pull well with AC and 4 adults inside???? (i think older version had an issue)

iv) How is the 2nd hand value for re-sale

v) Is the body very corrosion prone???

vi) what happened to all the old Maruti's? U harldy see any 302 - series cars now,are they scrapped of or what?

any Maruit users or ppl who have used it pls give ur opinion

thanks

Rman

I hate Maruti's...one of my friends has one..i have driven it couple of times..n I never wanna drive a Maruti again... :lol:

Why don't u do a run on Saturday. Just 4 the fun... U wont B alone.

Hi Guys and Gals

One of my friends is thinking of buying a brand new Maruti a and as such i need to some help from u guys as I dont have much experiences in a Maruit other than a 19 - car owned by a friend which i have used and didnt like it at all!!

iii) Does is pull well with AC and 4 adults inside???? (i think older version had an issue)

vi) what happened to all the old Maruti's? U harldy see any 302 - series cars now,are they scrapped of or what?

thanks

Rman

i. Heard mix stats from some who own. It varies 12~14km/l-city and 15~18km/l long distance, some say 21km/l !!

ii. city roads- yes, offroad - no :lol: (consider with price of the car)

iii. yes during first 2 yrs

v. no compaired to CBU- Japan

Hi Guys and Gals

thanks

Rman

Had one when I was in school abt 8 yrs ago. Mine was Carburetted 4 spd, the new ones are EFI 5 Speed

i) My car returned an Avg - 10 kmpl (Sales broucheures claimed test results of abt 16 kmpl)

ii) Used my car for 2 yrs, Never broke down on me.

iii) Trust me, U'll Have to stand on the gas pedal to hit 60 kph with the A/C on and 4 adults in it.

iv) 2nd hand value is not that great. Unlike Japanese vehicles, Marutis Depreciate in LK.. ( I bought mine in India. Out there a new vehicle depreciates by 15-20% the first yr )

v) The body is fine, not really prone to corrosion. You can get a preventive underbody treatment done.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Why don't u do a run on Saturday. Just 4 the fun... U wont B alone.

certainly not in a Maruti though.. :D

But my friend says it does 12-15 city run & out station about 25 (can it be true) But not very comfortable inside and I hate the rexine/rubber smell it gives..but the ZEN is a better deal I think..any comments?

i dont have any first hand experience with marutis but one of my neighbours used to have one. the old chap use to talk high of his car he wasn’t boasting bout it performance of course. according to him the car is very economical specially body parts are dirty cheap it seems. for the price you pay you wont be able to expect any major luxuries but at that time (about 4 years ago) i thought it was very good value for money. how much is it nowadays?????

What else do you expect a 800cc car to do, Here is an idea!! Did you ever consider pulling a caravan with?

Wake up dude where do you live?? these days you see vehicles scrapped decades ago re appearing on the roads. Do you seriously think 302- maruti will be scrapped in sri lanka unless its a hopeless insurance write off( After an accident)

Hi Guys and Gals

thanks

Rman

You get what you pay for really. Besides in that price bracket your options are very limited; its essentially a toss up between the Maruti or one of the new Motorized Chinese Fruit-salad Bowls.

If your friend wants cheap point A to point B practicality; get the Maruti. But if he wants bells and whistles, a little bit of that, a little bit of this, with not a whole lot of anything; well isn't that why we have Fruit-salad?

Hi Guys and Gals

thanks

Rman

we used a Maruti 800 18-xxxx it was use less. i have driven a friends' new 800 (JK-xxxx) but there is not much of a difference between these 2. It is not worth the price you pay for it.

It is much better to buy a used Japanese car for that.

I have driven a friend's Matuti 800 and the scariest part about the car is the breaks. They just don't hold if you're going anything above 50 km/h! Forget about the performance and handling, you don't expect it to be great.

Other than that, I've heard they are very economical to run and easy/cheap to maintain.

I ' ve driven one of friends one a lot (301 xxx).Sluggish,uncomfortable,boring are all I felt.Parts are rather cheap,but not durable as others.So, you will end up with the same cost of maintenance compared to small Japanese car.Fuel economy varies from 14-17 /L in first two yrs and will down to an average 12.

But, I will definetely put it before Chinese one & Micro (not the Trend) for appearance.

Anyway,this is my experience.

Tks,

• 4 weeks later...

I know men, am really dissapointed abt it, well it was a gift from my father who thinks that Maruti is the ideal car 4 a gurl..and it was supposed 2 be a suprise n some suprise it was 4 me when I got 2 know abt it coz I hate Maruti's.

Hmmmm..... Who said this.... :D

And I still stand by what I said :lol: ..but I dont know what da hell am 2 do wz dis car..I was actually interested in a Toyota "Tercel"..but alas..this was my fate i guess :lol: and its 840,000/= now it seems..but I still have my Mira wz me and thats a relief..