• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aprilia Bikes

fuzzo

he does know that it's a 2stroke but i don't think he knows a whole lot more than just the basics

what the scene with them? hard to maintain?

yes man da aprilia is a bit hard to maintain becoz its italian & its hard to find spares so my addvice is to go for a japanese bike,they last much longer :food-smiley-004:

what the scene with them? hard to maintain?

read below

yes man da aprilia is a bit hard to maintain becoz its italian & its hard to find spares so my addvice is to go for a japanese bike,they last much longer :D

and 2-stroke bikes r being phased out for the emissions...a 4-stroke wud be easy on him...pocket, lungs n ears...

read below

and 2-stroke bikes r being phased out for the emissions...a 4-stroke wud be easy on him...pocket, lungs n ears...

i totally agree becoz even though da aprilia is cheap its not a perfect sports bike 4 srilanka...take my advice dude...becoz if not he will be pushing da bike forever :D

cool thanks for the advice..wil pass it onto my friend

also what is your opinion on the nsr.. i know these are 2 strokes to..but must be a better bike to maintain than the aprilias right?

just checked out pics of the nsr and the aprilias.. they have the tiniest exhausts :angry-smiley-048:

also what is your opinion on the nsr.. i know these are 2 strokes to..but must be a better bike to maintain than the aprilias right?

just checked out pics of the nsr and the aprilias.. they have the tiniest exhausts :angry-smiley-048:

maintenance intervals for both bikes are the same...the only difference being the aprilia comes from italy...2 strokes r proper weeknd track bikes dude...not advisable unless he's an enthusiast...

just checked out pics of the nsr and the aprilias.. they have the tiniest exhausts :D

da NSR is a bit better than da aprlia,becoz da NSR is a jappanese bike its more suitable than da aprilia... but its a kick ass bike da only problem is high maintanence cost... other than that a perfect tuned NSR can take down a CBR400 easily...becoz of da 2 stroke power :angry-smiley-048:

thanks for the info boys... i must say though. the aprilias look hella hot. i would buy one if i could ride a bike properly...

richard of MRA has a beauty. Its a 250 RS replica brought brand new, Dejan was using it before he flew to USA.

image0502jd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folk

I'm a newbie just thought I'd add my thoughts here. I used to live on a bike many years (early 90s) ago a Honda 2 stroke MBX125. It gave me endless problems and was a dog to maintain but when it was good it gave me a thrill that's hard to imagine.

Although aware about the 4-stroke rise against the 2s I feel for dizzy revvabilty there's nothing like a 2 stroke!

I'm quite attracted to an Aprillia RS as well. And toying with the idea of getting one. Yes it's Italain which makes it an even more exciting prospect!

It widely known to be the best handling bike around. And known to thrash bigger machines in the twisties. So I feel it will be a pure sensory asault machine! Not so practical for sure. But then that's not what I'm looking for.

I've also heard that some Aprillia Mechanicals are Suzuki based. Is this correct?

Anyways at 70k it looks an absolute bargain!!

Hi Folk

I'm a newbie just thought I'd add my thoughts here. I used to live on a bike many years (early 90s) ago a Honda 2 stroke MBX125. It gave me endless problems and was a dog to maintain but when it was good it gave me a thrill that's hard to imagine.

Although aware about the 4-stroke rise against the 2s I feel for dizzy revvabilty there's nothing like a 2 stroke!

I'm quite attracted to an Aprillia RS as well. And toying with the idea of getting one. Yes it's Italain which makes it an even more exciting prospect!

Everything made in italy is stylish and exqiusite but a piece of advice from a former fiat and alfa owner. Italian and reliability are opposite words of each other. They hardly go together. Its either Italian or reliability you have to decide upon .I bet you wouldnt get both in one vehicle /ride for sure.

Hi Folk

It widely known to be the best handling bike around. And known to thrash bigger machines in the twisties. So I feel it will be a pure sensory asault machine! Not so practical for sure. But then that's not what I'm looking for.

I've also heard that some Aprillia Mechanicals are Suzuki based. Is this correct?

Anyways at 70k it looks an absolute bargain!!

acording to what i have heardda aprilia rs250 has a honda rs250 engine..but im not so sure about dat

acording to what i have heardda aprilia rs250 has a honda rs250 engine..but im not so sure about dat

Actually ... Aprilia Rs250 bikes have Suzuki RGV250 engines :ninja:

Honda Rs250 is a grandprix racing motorcycle which is not suited for road use at all

my friend actually did buy the bike. he got it for 50K. it needs new clutch which is around 10K and he is changing the color onit. so totally the bike will cost him around 70K on the road. hella good deal in my opinion.

now i'm so tempted to get one for myself...

my friend actually did buy the bike. he got it for 50K. it needs new clutch which is around 10K and he is changing the color onit. so totally the bike will cost him around 70K on the road. hella good deal in my opinion.

now i'm so tempted to get one for myself...

Didn't see that Top Gear episode on the Ariel Atom where JC talks about middle aged men on sports bikes, did ya?

no i didn't see that episode...plus i'm not middle aged...i'm quarter aged...

anyone know if there are any cagiva's in SL? those look pretty sweet too..

yah there r quite a few cagivas in srilanaka...but its da same story as da aprilia :mellow: