• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice Please!!

AMG

Hi Guys,

My car is a Nissan Sunny FB15, 1500cc, Automatic, YOM 1998.

I got my Injector cleaned and Engine tuned at D*MO last month. After this, I started hearing some kinda engine knocking sound for a couple of seconds when I apply the gas smoothly. Only for a couple of seconds every time when I press the pedal.

Also I’ve heard this noise from many cars on the road.

1) Where does this noise come from?

2) Is it a major problem?

Thanks in advance for your advise guys.

Hi Guys,

I got my Injector cleaned and Engine tuned at D*MO last month. After this, I started hearing some kinda engine knocking sound for a couple of seconds when I apply the gas smoothly. Only for a couple of seconds every time when I press the pedal.

Also I've heard this noise from many cars on the road.

Tough to say from the info given. If its knock, just get your timing rechecked- maybe your distributor has been over advanced. Could also be an issue with the fuel- have you switched octane lately?

Tough to say from the info given. If its knock, just get your timing rechecked- maybe your distributor has been over advanced. Could also be an issue with the fuel- have you switched octane lately?

It's only 2 months since I bought this car machan, I haven't changed the octane, the noise started after the Injector cleanup. It's not really a knocking sound machan, its kinda krrrr sound only for a few seconds when I press the Accelerator. I even see the same problem in my uncle's AD wagon.

One of my friends said that it's from the injector and nothing to worry about as this sound normally comes after the injector cleanup. Don't know whether it's true. Thinking of taking the car to A*W if it's a serious problem.

Hi Guys,

Also I’ve heard this noise from many cars on the road.

1st question - Why did you go to D*MO for your Nissan maintainance?? :angry-smiley-048:

It's only 2 months since I bought this car machan, I haven't changed the octane, the noise started after the Injector cleanup. It's not really a knocking sound machan, its kinda krrrr sound only for a few seconds when I press the Accelerator. I even see the same problem in my uncle's AD wagon.

One of my friends said that it's from the injector and nothing to worry about as this sound normally comes after the injector cleanup. Don't know whether it's true. Thinking of taking the car to A*W if it's a serious problem.

yeah some twin cam engines kindda have a noisy injector setup. If its not vibration it should not be much of a problem.

1st question - Why did you go to D*MO for your Nissan maintainance?? :angry-smiley-048:

Go on now. tell us whats wrong with D*MO :D

Machan Bhara...

Yeah, I've heard that noise from some vehicles too. I think u should take it to A*W and show them. May be nothing to do with the DI*O tune-up. But if there is anything do with the tune-up it'll show. I prefer maintaining my FB15 with the Agents, and servicing at P*t S**p.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your advice guys, I will take it to A*W and check. Thank you very much.

You're getting that sound because you are running lean. This could be for a bunch of reasons for this including the fact that your injectors are not performing to their optimum pulse rate and may need replacement or that the ignition timing maybe off. Suggest you take it right back to D*MOS and get them to hook it up to a wideband O2 sensor and adjust everything again and tell their manager as well, you've paid for a tune up and they have to give you that, make sure you go to the service center behind the stadium. A tune up means that your car should run Stoich not lean or rich, if they can't do that correctly you need to get them to fix it. I would NOT take it to A*W because they wouldn't know what a wideband sensor is if it hit them on the head, so don't jump from frying pan into the fire but rather get the heat adjusted :D

Hi Bharath

Your FB15 has electronic ignition (no distributor) so the ignition timing is controlled by the ECU. Would advise you to get it checked by the Agents. I've been running two nissans for the past 4 years and have had no such problems after they're tuned by a*w with their Consult II handheld unit.

Thanks a lot guys for the info and advice.

I haven't taken any action yet as that noise has died gradually, if it starts again will take it to D*MO or A*W. Thanks again guys.

Hi Nira74, Welcome to Autolanka and have a good one.

Thanks a lot guys for the info and advice.

I haven't taken any action yet as that noise has died gradually, if it starts again will take it to D*MO or A*W. Thanks again guys.

Hi Nira74, Welcome to Autolanka and have a good one.

imo the krrr. sound you describe is most likely pinging or preignition.

possible causes include poor fuel, overadvanced timing, over-lean mixture or a combination of all. (however these may not all apply to your car as it is electronic fuel injection/engine management...)

perhaps its just the fuel?

where do you fill up usually?

Question to autolanka - who gives the best fuel? I ask because i notice a huge difference between fuel from different vendors/stations... any thoughts?

Also, who has the best 95 octane?

I notice pinging is a common problem on local cars - is it due to fuel?..

I fill up only at C*Y*E*C*.

The noise started only after the injection cleaned up and engine tuned at D*MO.

Also suggest you run your tank near empty when the light come on put in a full tank of 95 Octane or 3 star, at the same shed you use now, also the Flower Road one is quite good. This will help your ECU to readjust itself and the pingng from the lean mixture should go away.

Cheers, Porky

I am not familiar with ur engine but since nira74 said its got coil packs; I have a 6cyl 99 nissan with coil packs and when one went bad, It started knocking, missfiring and terrible loss of power when u hit the gas. If thats teh culprit, U should get a code for Knock sensor and missfire in cyl# code and even maybe a bunch of ghost codes aswell. U would be really lucky to find a wiring harness connector pulled out at a coil pack..

Good Luck!

I am not familiar with ur engine but since nira74 said its got coil packs; I have a 6cyl 99 nissan with coil packs and when one went bad, It started knocking, missfiring and terrible loss of power when u hit the gas. If thats teh culprit, U should get a code for Knock sensor and missfire in cyl# code and even maybe a bunch of ghost codes aswell. U would be really lucky to find a wiring harness connector pulled out at a coil pack..

Good Luck!

Thanks guys, as I mentioned before, I haven't taken any action yet as that noise has died gradually, if it starts again will take it to D*MO or A*W. Thanks again guys.