• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Electric Car

Duncan

Hi guys

Firstly, I can see that my wife and her friend seems to be making an appearance on the forum. Well be warned.....mae gahanu kiyena dewal welata mang waga kiyanne na !!.....and Pooh and his bros don't ride in my cars!!

Now to the topic....I can remember sometime back, an electric car was marketed in SL. Come to think of it, I think it was tested in the MOTOMAG.

If anyone knows the name of this car and who did the import into SL, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

monamonu is right. But damn, that thing is listed at 1.6 in this months motormag. Thats more expensive than a Micro Trend! And I have not yet seen even one on the roads... Anyone seen this thing anywhere?

seen em, real slow... and very very small!!!

It looks more like a pimped out trishaw. Seems kinda pointless in Sri Lanka. Ive not seen one one the road. TOp speed is 65km/h. People who want to save money on petrol are not going to buy a car that is 1.6 million B)

Seems there was a lawsuit taken against the Chery. They've supposed to have based it entirely on the chevy (daewoo) matiz. Even the name chevy, chery.

250pxdaewoomatizbj2.jpg

Daewoo matiz

300pxcarcheryqqht4.jpg

Chery QQ

It looks more like a pimped out trishaw. Seems kinda pointless in Sri Lanka. Ive not seen one one the road. TOp speed is 65km/h. People who want to save money on petrol are not going to buy a car that is 1.6 million B)

Seems there was a lawsuit taken against the Chery. They've supposed to have based it entirely on the chevy (daewoo) matiz. Even the name chevy, chery.

250pxdaewoomatizbj2.jpg

Daewoo matiz

300pxcarcheryqqht4.jpg

Chery QQ

Ah..the Chinese Fruit Salad Bowl. Yeap major hublah over copy right issues over this particular model. Apparently the two cars even use the same part suppliers, and share componants. However the Chinese authorities pretty much shrugged their shoulders at the whole thing.

Edited by tuk tuk

Ah..the Chinese Fruit Salad Bowl. Yeap major hublah over copy right issues over this particular model. Apparently the two cars even use the same part suppliers, and share componants. However the Chinese authorities pretty much shrugged their shoulders and said it was part of their 'open market economy'.

OT but the chinese r marketing their Prado rip-off in SL...the brand's called FAW...wen i say rip-off i mean carbon copy!!!

Now to the topic....I can remember sometime back, an electric car was marketed in SL. Come to think of it, I think it was tested in the MOTOMAG.

If anyone knows the name of this car and who did the import into SL, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

So Duncan what's the scoop? You buying one of these cars for someone in SL?

it is so ugly men....threewheeler has more prestige

Well, it would probably be fun to mess around in, but it might not be practical as your principal mode of transport. Too bad its not priced cheaper.

(Google the brand name a bit more and you'll get to a website with all the specifications, model variations, prices etc.)

There was a chinese jeep i saw on some website. It was released in Britain, but failed to pass safety ratings, because at a collision at 45 km/h the front driver and passenger would both die. Its pretty cheap, but with these safety ratings I guess no one would touch them.

Thanks for all the info guys.

I was just curious.

With all the political crap that is going on around the world, I expect a barrel of crude to hit the $100 mark in the next 12 to 14 months (if not sooner) and something like this might not be a bad consideration for daily travel.

The savings I can spend on my other "normal" cars.

Thanks for all the info guys.

I was just curious.

With all the political crap that is going on around the world, I expect a barrel of crude to hit the $100 mark in the next 12 to 14 months (if not sooner) and something like this might not be a bad consideration for daily travel.

The savings I can spend on my other "normal" cars.

Dear Sir,

What are your other normal cars?

Dear Sir,

What are your other normal cars?

Nissan 300ZX TT

Mini Cooper -Classic

Chev Lumina SS

Alfa Romeo Spider - classic

Pajero V6 3.5 LWB

Pajero 2.5TDi SWB

Hilux 4x4 D/Cab

thats the one...but the badging seems different...anyways i made my point...

thanks for the pic

the toyota prado is given to 2 companies to manufacture in china. one is the one i posted the pic, the other is the one u ment. we are planing to bring down these, they use mitsubishi and the older prado engines for this.

monamonu is right. But damn, that thing is listed at 1.6 in this months motormag. Thats more expensive than a Micro Trend! And I have not yet seen even one on the roads... Anyone seen this thing anywhere?

i saw one couple of months back near the ######## (lipton) junction.

was in traffic so everyone was moving kinda slow.

Chinese are pretty famous for this arent they? taking some other car and slightly modifying it and making their own version.. i remember even General MOtors had filed a Lawsuit against them, but cant touch them cos Chinese Gov says 'goto hell, we aint doing anything about it'.... now thats a a government that safeguards local industries :D.