• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Front Wheels Vibration While Braking..need Help

windrider

hey guys..i got a BMW 328IS and since two weaks the front wheels are vibrating while braking, i suspected uneven wear on the front brakes and changed the whole front brakes (disks/Pads) , and while changing them the mechanic said the balljoints and tyrerods are good.. and after the break assy change, the prob still remains..im puzzled...what could be causing this... any thoughts .. advise..

I had the same trouble wit the Corolla & now the N16, specially when you r driving ova 80Kmph and then start braking..:|. The corolla was fixed @ Toyota Lanka, the steering rack & bush was replaced, so far no trouble. N16, havnt found time to take it to the agents or garage. lol

I had the same trouble wit the Corolla & now the N16, specially when you r driving ova 80Kmph and then start braking..:|. The corolla was fixed @ Toyota Lanka, the steering rack & bush was replaced, so far no trouble. N16, havnt found time to take it to the agents or garage. lol

same prob wit me...no time to take the car....im hoping this weekend.. but the prob wit me is i dont have any prob while driving at high speeds..thts y im confused..

Get your break hoses checked as well.. over time their firmness will reduce as the rubber softens- therefore when you break they expand out of proportion causing a loss in pressure on the lines.. and the vibration you feel is the breaks slipping. Also BMW's are very sensitive to the break fluids that's used- I hope your not using some dot3 sh*t... -so on the other hand it could be poor fluid thats got bubbles in it. does your foot sink all the way to the floor too easily when you need a firm stop? And does it have ABS?

Get your break hoses checked as well.. over time their firmness will reduce as the rubber softens- therefore when you break they expand out of proportion causing a loss in pressure on the lines.. and the vibration you feel is the breaks slipping. Also BMW's are very sensitive to the break fluids that's used- I hope your not using some dot3 sh*t... -so on the other hand it could be poor fluid thats got bubbles in it. does your foot sink all the way to the floor too easily when you need a firm stop? And does it have ABS?

yeah it does have ABS and no it doesnt sink all the way down..but im gonna get this checked out, i never thought that it could be the fluid. how abt the tyres..they r fairly old, think i should get it checked out as well

yeah it does have ABS and no it doesnt sink all the way down..but im gonna get this checked out, i never thought that it could be the fluid. how abt the tyres..they r fairly old, think i should get it checked out as well

Dude you will have a screeching noise if it were the rubbers.. the reason I asked if it was ABS is because needs a specific fluid..

since you've replaced, pads/rotors, the next place would be to look at your tires. Check if they're perfectly round and the belts arent comming apart, but I doubt it's this 'cos then you'll even fell it at any speed higher than a slow crawl. Then next thing to look at is your ABS system. Check to see if all the sensors are intact and working properly, and also re-flush the whole braking system 'cos if you get air in the ABS unit, it's gonna cause braking problems. There maybe a specific way of bleading it depending on car and that's VERY important.