• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Very Sluggish

fuzzo

my car (mazda familia/323) is very very sluggish. Yes it is an auto but it is painfully slow in reaction times. Can someone suggest some stuff i can do to it to make it somewhat quicker

pls don't tell me to install nitrous or turbo it. it's a company car..so those won't happen for sure :)

my car (mazda familia/323) is very very sluggish. Yes it is an auto but it is painfully slow in reaction times. Can someone suggest some stuff i can do to it to make it somewhat quicker

pls don't tell me to install nitrous or turbo it. it's a company car..so those won't happen for sure :)

How abt a diffuser and a spoiler. J/K man... :)

.....................................................................................

A tune-up could do wonders. For an a/t can’t think of anything much.

i've had the car tuned up from the agens as well as DPMC. still not better.

before i go down the road of a CAI, i wanted to see what else could be wrong with the car. coz compared to other auto 323,s my car is hella bad.

i've had the car tuned up from the agens as well as DPMC. still not better.

before i go down the road of a CAI, i wanted to see what else could be wrong with the car. coz compared to other auto 323,s my car is hella bad.

how about dat injector cleaning thing... and make sure they use the right chemical... i guess 3M has good chemicals... according to my uncle dat injector cleaning thing can do wonders within the limits of the current set-up of the engine! :)

Emmm start by using 95 octane lol..! by the way anyone know from where you can buy some? Theres a shortage on (sorry OT)

my car's manual specifies 90-91 octane, if i pump 95 octane wud it make a difference?

------------------

i have run both 90 and 95 octane but have failed to feel any difference in either performance or fuel econo. As the manual had a clause mentioning that certain devices(i guess CAT) can be damaged by pumping high octane I switched back to 90 octane!

i pumped 95 today coz the 90 line was hella long. still no difference

pila..the roxy shed has 95....just drive to the front like you know what you are doing and reverse into the 95 pump :)

thanks for the tip dude will check!

my car's manual specifies 90-91 octane, if i pump 95 octane wud it make a difference?

------------------

i have run both 90 and 95 octane but have failed to feel any difference in either performance or fuel econo. As the manual had a clause mentioning that certain devices(i guess CAT) can be damaged by pumping high octane I switched back to 90 octane!

The so-called 95 we have here is only name sake.. it must be a lot lower for sure.

pila..the roxy shed has 95....just drive to the front like you know what you are doing and reverse into the 95 pump :)

Or u could try the Laughs @ havelock rd, or the shed near Nando's Bamba..

hav u tried the injector cleaning thing?

thanks for the tip dude will check!

The so-called 95 we have here is only name sake.. it must be a lot lower for sure.

hmmm... indeed, i have heard that 95 octane is not subject to a stnadard specification in SL but on the contrary 90 octane can be trusted with that regard!

ok theres not a drop of petrol at every shed between Col2 and Col6! And I'm Fu*ked...

Everyone!! Please if you want Petrol, you are welcome to Negombo...90?95? no issue, we got the stuff :)

hav u tried the injector cleaning thing?

yes i did get the injectors cleaned recently as well. there is some improvement after that. my car is much more responsive with the ac off. with AC, it's just a dead dog.

Exactly machan, sometimes I doubt these buggers sell the same 90oct petrol in the 95oct pumps as well. Who knows? Do we have any meters or instruments to check the octane level easily?

yes i did get the injectors cleaned recently as well. there is some improvement after that. my car is much more responsive with the ac off. with AC, it's just a dead dog.

If you've cleaned the injectors and it's still sluggish, check your airflow meter/sensor. If it's sluggish with the A/C check if the idle up unit is working and actually gets the revs up when the AC is switched on.

Btw I occasionally drive two Mazdas and I find 90 octane gives better mileage than 95. Independent tests have shown 95 to be very much filthier than 90 in SL. However I stick with 95 on my Alfa which clearly specifies 95 or higher!

I drove back home my Lucino without petrol last night (only on the petrol smell I guess) Now the other one is also near empty.

Any place in Colombo to pump 90 or 95??? :ninja:

thanks if I had enough petrol to drive over to negombo I would really not have a problem right? :ninja:

Have u seen the que @ the shed near odel?! goes as far as ward place and double line of vehicles @ that too.. :angry-smiley-024:...

thanks for the replies on my car. will get it checked out...

and others..thanks for the thread jacking :D

Sorry for the jacking dude.. since its you we know for sure that you wont be offended :)

Dude try a Hurricane CAI cheap and decent enough.. also you can try some dizzy tunning.