• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2 Stroke Ban

fuzzo

Heard from a fellow forumer that the govt has implemented a ban on using vehicles with 2 stroke engines. can anyone shed any light on this?

Aren’t most of the 3-wheelers on our roads are 2 stroke. What the govt is going to do with those, take those 2-strokes and give them 4-strokes??? :grinning-smiley-043:

This is how 2-Stroke works

& this is how 4-Stroke works.

cool pls do let me know regarding this...

well i heard about this in the news, i am not so fluent on the technicality between the two, but this is what i gathered...

1) two stroke dubbed 2T is used in some 3wheelers and some motor bikes in SL

2) 2T emissions are really bad

3) Idea is to discourage use of 2T in the future, if at all only gradual steps will be taken with this regard

4) An investigation on an economical way to convert 2T into 4T is being looked at, that is the only reprecussion with regard to existing vehicles

5) No decision what so ever has been finalised

Aren’t most of the 3-wheelers on our roads are 2 stroke. What the govt is going to do with those, take those 2-strokes and give them 4-strokes??? :mellow:

This is how 2-Stroke works

& this is how 4-Stroke works.

hey ash those were some two good links, now i know what 2/4 stroke is ... can u list down benefits and drawbacks of the two ... wait I know one drawback of 2T tnx for the news guy :D

hey ash those were some two good links, now i know what 2/4 stroke is ... can u list down benefits and drawbacks of the two ... wait I know one drawback of 2T tnx for the news guy :D

2-stroke has less moving parts 'cos of no valvetrain, so you can rev higher/faster. They are more efficient at higher RPM's, much like the rotary engines. Yes, they're dirty but the power/cc is higher than a 4 stroke engine. The reason for using the oil mixed in with the fuel is to lubricate the moving parts inside the crank case since there's no way to get oil in there (since it acts like a pump for the fuel), so the fine mist of oil lubricates the cylinder walls and the bearings.

I loved my RZ-50 (had it since I was 16, until a couple years ago when my bro sold it 'cos I was in the US) and friend's TZR-50 when I was in SL 'cos it was actually a pretty quick little bike for what it was and a heck of a lot faster than most 100-150CC bikes ... well atleast, that was like 6 years ago :)

2-stroke has less moving parts 'cos of no valvetrain, so you can rev higher/faster. They are more efficient at higher RPM's, much like the rotary engines. Yes, they're dirty but the power/cc is higher than a 4 stroke engine. The reason for using the oil mixed in with the fuel is to lubricate the moving parts inside the crank case since there's no way to get oil in there (since it acts like a pump for the fuel), so the fine mist of oil lubricates the cylinder walls and the bearings.

Tnx dude, learnt from it!