• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Races At Tissa

fuzzo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the final list for the GT class which was released at the Driver’s briefing yesterday.

1) Reyaz Farook

2) Nalin Dilpriya

3) Janaka Dias

4) Mahinda Premarathna

5) Aravinda Premadasa

6) Dinesh Jayawardane

7) Kapila Jayasundara

8) Kanchana Ratnayake

9) Dinesh Deheragoda

10) Shantha Suraweera

11) Dilantha Malagamuwa

12) Sanjeewa De Mel

13) Dan Dissanayake

14) Carman Thenuwara

15) Dhanuka Ramanayake

There will be 2 events for these drivers. One will be the GT class and the other will be the open event which will be called the “Grand Prix”. This event consisting of the fastest 20 cars on the day of qualifying. This means even if a standard car qualifies within the fastest 20 cars, they can run the “Grand Prix” event.

The GT event will be 8 laps and the “Grand Prix” event will be 10 laps. Each lap will be 3.4km which means these 2 events will be the longest circuit race run ever for the Super Cars. This 10 laps of 3.4km is equaling to 27 laps at Fox Hill.

What a race this is going to be... Dont Miss it.......

Cheers for all !!!!!! :D

damn this is going to be awesome. so i guess the most reliable car will win.

how many km to tissa. hey is nigel runing this race.

if so he will qualify for the grand prix. it will nice to see a proffesionaly trained gravel driver take to the track with the super cars.

shit i guess i will miss this one. thumps up to all the drivers.

those who are going pls take plenty of pics...

i have put a car for sale sunday. If they have gsm connection near tissa, i am surely will be driving towards tissa. sharky may join me......

fuzzo i might skip the saturday night event, please fill in for me like you did on last friday night LOL...

:)

Machan about 260kms. Its better to use Rathnapura road instead of using Galle Road.

It's about 220KM if you're heading from center of Colombo. Ratnapura road is the best. And yes Dims, GSM coverage is there..

shak...you shoudl take your car machan coz that's a long ride..better go in a comfy ride

i'm not taking the cefiro out of colombo cos its for sale and i'd like to keep it in good shape...sunny is on 3rd party so taking no risks there...

dims let me know what the plan is...you know you can't miss it...

Don't forget to pay me a visit when you all are there... we got self service too... first in the country!

judging by your fleet of cars you probably also have a minimum quantity!sure thing dude i'll ring u up if we get our ride sorted...fingers crossed...

heard aravinda drove really well today... hope you guys got pics...

Yeah. Expect them shortly. I have over 330 pics. Will have to see what gets deleted and see what we can put up. I'd say in the range of 300 usable images :D I had a good day. I developed some wierd tan lines and acumilated a couple of inches of dust on myself(about 1/2 courtsey Mr. A. Premadasa's do-nut near the grand stand), but got some good shots (If I do say so myself)

Edited by Pericles

Yeah. Expect them shortly. I have over 330 pics. Will have to see what gets deleted and see what we can put up. I'd say in the range of 300 usable images :D I had a good day. I developed some wierd tan lines and acumilated a couple of inches of dust on myself(about 1/2 courtsey Mr. A. Premadasa's do-nut near the grand stand), but got some good shots (If I do say so myself)

Just finished reviewing the pics. Damn, I have outdone myself! :lol: Somebody should be paying me for work like this! :D I do hope the drivers and riders take up my offer for large size mounted prints, coz I have made them look good! Specially Gayan Sandaruwan. Bugger was catching some spectacular air, and I got some spectacular shots!! :D