• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

F1 Driver Line Up In 2007?

Elvis_Pil

Williams have just done a deal with Alexander Wurz for 2007! He will partner Nico Rosberg in the team which should have the backing of Toyota!

Alonso is off to Mclaren chances are that he might partner Lewis Hamilton..

Kimi?? Well unclear at this moment- Depends on MS Or does it? It's been said that no one waits for anyone in F1.. and that may end up being the case with the whole MS retirement scene. Cause no way are the two going to race together in the same team- its not good for the team and for a sport thats built on rivalry! (noted by the F1 bosses)

I feel MS is on the way out and Kimi in at Ferrari. This explains why the future of John Todt and Ross Brawn is uncertain as both were keen to work with MS and him only. Massa seems to have ok'ed his seat for next here as he was really fired up in the last GP..

This is all looking nice of Alonso- who will no doubt have a solid drive.

Hey what about Webber? Seems that he very confidently bowed out of Williams- that means he's got a strong drive for next year- Maybe Renault-the last remaining seat? (After Fizi was signed up last week) Hmm think again- Biatore is unsure at the moment for 2007 And also the team will be with out it's major sponsor this year-Mild Seven. :)

Also Villeneuve has been replaced by 21 year old Robert Kubica so BMW too seem to be betting on some young blood for next year.

Jacques departure was long overdue :) !!! Sato and Scott Speed should follow him as well!

Who'll partner Fernando at McLaren? Webber would be ideal I think.

I feel MS will stay on, I mean he's still so dominant.

That will mean Kimi at Renault.

A good rookie out there is Vitantonio Liuzzi. He should get a decent drive next year!

Webber's junt been confirmed for R*D B*LL racing along with DC- who gets a another year with the team..

And Heikki Kovalainen seems all set for the 2nd seat at Renault..

Hmm now where does that leave Kimi??? Ferrari you bet! with MS??

Yea man. It'll be Kimi and Schumi at Ferrari next season. That'll be one unbeatable driver line up!

And engine freeze is coming into play next season as well.

I dont think Schumi will ever team up with Kimi, they have this thing against each other, and to be fair massa hasnt done a bad job at Ferrari, maybe if Schumacher goes Kimi probably is #1 in Ferrari's minds to replace him,

The Don

The way Kubica drove, dam good for a debut race although he was disqualified.. I thinks its curtains for villenuve..

It already is! Jaques left the team a few days back.. Hmm rumor has that MS maybe looking at a multi million dollor deal with BMW!

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I am a fan of Michael, I have a lot of respect for Jacques, even though I hated him in 1997. I'm going to miss JV, even though he wasn't a patch on his old man.

What do you think, boys? Will Monza be Iron Mike's final race in Europe or will he be back again, maybe with another team? The German manufacturers have always wanted him. Remember, Mercedes funded his early career and as recently as 1998 were trying to sign him back. If he does switch though, my money is on BMW.

From the BBC website........

Villeneuve slates Schumi 'lies'

Villeneuve and Schumacher have long had a frosty relationship

Jacques Villeneuve has accused Michael Schumacher of a series of dirty tricks and lying to fans and fellow drivers.

The ex-champion said Schumacher would "never" attain the hero status of other great drivers such as Ayrton Senna and thought he was "bigger than the sport".

"Michael isn't a great champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and isn't a great human being," Villeneuve said in a scathing personal attack.

Villeneuve claimed Schumacher would be quickly forgotten when he retired.

The Canadian has had a cool relationship with Schumacher since the German tried to drive his rival off the track while they were disputing the world championship in 1997.

That collision, in which Schumacher came off the worse, was just one a series of incidents highlighted by Villeneuve as examples of the seven-time champion's lack of "class" and "integrity".

He just stared in our eyes and lied

Jacques Villeneuve on Michael Schumacher

In an interview to be published next week in F1 Racing magazine, Villeneuve said: "I think the problem is that you don't ever see his true personality.

"He's a racer - but a pure racer, nothing but a racer and, because of that, I think the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget him.

"Senna, by contrast, will never be forgotten. Some of that is the James Dean factor, of course, because he was killed in action at a young age, but not all of it.

"I don't even think Michael will live on in people's memories as strong or as long as [Alain] Prost has - certainly not as strong or as long as [Nigel] Mansell has.

"Those people attained a hero status that Michael never has and never will."

Villeneve said Schumacher displayed his true character in the controversial incident in qualifying at Monaco this year, when he deliberately parked his car to prevent title rival Fernando Alonso beating his qualifying time.

"Senna played dirty tricks too but he did it with more class, more integrity.

"When he took Prost out [in the Japanese Grand Prix] at Suzuka in 1990, he said he was going to do it before the race," said Villeneuve, who is expected to retire from F1 following BMW Sauber's decision to drop him last month.

Villeneuve beat Schumacher to the 1997 world title

"So, unlike Michael, who ridiculously insisted he was innocent at Monaco this year, Senna said, 'Yes, I did it. But I told you before the race that I was going to do it.'

"That's very different from what Michael did at Monaco and Jerez [in 1997] and Adelaide [in 1994 where he collided controversially with Damon Hill].

"Senna wasn't lying to the fans. Michael was. And the sad thing is that, of course, the fans accept it - they swear black is white, in fact - just so that they can go on respecting the sport they love. And Michael takes advantage of that loyalty."

Villeneuve was also infuriated by Schumacher's behaviour when the F1 drivers discussed the Monaco incident at a Grand Prix Drivers' Association meeting at the British Grand Prix.

"He lies not only to fans but to his fellow drivers, too," said Villeneuve.

"At the GPDA meeting at Silverstone he lied to us and he didn't even have the decency to appear embarrassed about it. He just stared in our eyes and lied.

"And we all knew we were being lied to but very few of us bothered to say anything.

"It's quite sad, really - because the reason Michael did what he did is that he thinks he's better than the rest of us.

"He thinks he's bigger than the sport, too, but he isn't. And when he retires, and no-one really remembers him, that will become clear."

Edited by KLM

As much as I am a fan of Michael, I have a lot of respect for Jacques, even though I hated him in 1997. I'm going to miss JV, even though he wasn't a patch on his old man.

What do you think, boys? Will Monza be Iron Mike's final race in Europe or will he be back again, maybe with another team? The German manufacturers have always wanted him. Remember, Mercedes funded his early career and as recently as 1998 were trying to sign him back. If he does switch though, my money is on BMW.

From the BBC website........

Villeneuve slates Schumi 'lies'

Villeneuve and Schumacher have long had a frosty relationship

Jacques Villeneuve has accused Michael Schumacher of a series of dirty tricks and lying to fans and fellow drivers.

The ex-champion said Schumacher would "never" attain the hero status of other great drivers such as Ayrton Senna and thought he was "bigger than the sport".

"Michael isn't a great champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and isn't a great human being," Villeneuve said in a scathing personal attack.

Villeneuve claimed Schumacher would be quickly forgotten when he retired.

The Canadian has had a cool relationship with Schumacher since the German tried to drive his rival off the track while they were disputing the world championship in 1997.

That collision, in which Schumacher came off the worse, was just one a series of incidents highlighted by Villeneuve as examples of the seven-time champion's lack of "class" and "integrity".

He just stared in our eyes and lied

Jacques Villeneuve on Michael Schumacher

In an interview to be published next week in F1 Racing magazine, Villeneuve said: "I think the problem is that you don't ever see his true personality.

"He's a racer - but a pure racer, nothing but a racer and, because of that, I think the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget him.

"Senna, by contrast, will never be forgotten. Some of that is the James Dean factor, of course, because he was killed in action at a young age, but not all of it.

"I don't even think Michael will live on in people's memories as strong or as long as [Alain] Prost has - certainly not as strong or as long as [Nigel] Mansell has.

"Those people attained a hero status that Michael never has and never will."

Villeneve said Schumacher displayed his true character in the controversial incident in qualifying at Monaco this year, when he deliberately parked his car to prevent title rival Fernando Alonso beating his qualifying time.

"Senna played dirty tricks too but he did it with more class, more integrity.

"When he took Prost out [in the Japanese Grand Prix] at Suzuka in 1990, he said he was going to do it before the race," said Villeneuve, who is expected to retire from F1 following BMW Sauber's decision to drop him last month.

Villeneuve beat Schumacher to the 1997 world title

"So, unlike Michael, who ridiculously insisted he was innocent at Monaco this year, Senna said, 'Yes, I did it. But I told you before the race that I was going to do it.'

"That's very different from what Michael did at Monaco and Jerez [in 1997] and Adelaide [in 1994 where he collided controversially with Damon Hill].

"Senna wasn't lying to the fans. Michael was. And the sad thing is that, of course, the fans accept it - they swear black is white, in fact - just so that they can go on respecting the sport they love. And Michael takes advantage of that loyalty."

Villeneuve was also infuriated by Schumacher's behaviour when the F1 drivers discussed the Monaco incident at a Grand Prix Drivers' Association meeting at the British Grand Prix.

"He lies not only to fans but to his fellow drivers, too," said Villeneuve.

"At the GPDA meeting at Silverstone he lied to us and he didn't even have the decency to appear embarrassed about it. He just stared in our eyes and lied.

"And we all knew we were being lied to but very few of us bothered to say anything.

"It's quite sad, really - because the reason Michael did what he did is that he thinks he's better than the rest of us.

"He thinks he's bigger than the sport, too, but he isn't. And when he retires, and no-one really remembers him, that will become clear."

Thats quite a shelling from villeneuve, do u think schumacher would really be forgotten ?.., but for sure he is not loved as much as senna or the other greats..

I guess no Williams fan could ever forgive MS for the stuff he did in the 90's.. And I see JV's point- MS is great Driver and no one can pull fast laps when they need it like he does. But he’s a desperate man when things don’t go the way he likes it to. Its ok to race and over take even if its a bit dirty in an equal dog fight- MS on the other hand has always done it out of desperation when he knew that he had no chance in hell of winning- a fine example is the time he cost Hill a world championship!