• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Premio

noaim

I know there was a topic on the Allion, and well both the Allion & the Premio share all most all, except for the looks. So my question being, is the Premio worth buying?

I saw one this evening, they want me to pay 3.85M. Its an Unreg, 1.8cc, X grade, with Leather & Wood trim interior, & its got 17" Alloys (not sure of the size) :unsure:...

I would appreciate any opinions & experiences with/on this car!

TY in adv!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was a topic on the Allion, and well both the Allion & the Premio share all most all, except for the looks. So my question being, is the Premio worth buying?

I saw one this evening, they want me to pay 3.85M. Its an Unreg, 1.8cc, X grade, with Leather & Wood trim interior, & its got 17" Alloys (not sure of the size) :D...

TY in adv!

Actually its not just looks. The premio is a larger car. Its more of a camry rival while tha allion is more of a civic rival. The allion is the new carina and the premio the new corona. The premio is actually not bad, with its reverse camera, etc.3.85m is the usual price for the premio, but once you consider it, theres a lot of cars you can buy for that price. The primera is virtually the same as the premio but way cheaper. Then theres a recon tuscon, sportage. Vw passat, nissan cefiro. Then theres the 98 Merc e class which is quite good. So i guess for 3.85 its not worth it, cos the only extra cool option is the reverse camera, and you can fit that on any car for max 2 lakhs.

Actually its not just looks. The premio is a larger car. Its more of a camry rival while tha allion is more of a civic rival. The allion is the new carina and the premio the new corona. The premio is actually not bad, with its reverse camera, etc.3.85m is the usual price for the premio, but once you consider it, theres a lot of cars you can buy for that price. The primera is virtually the same as the premio but way cheaper. Then theres a recon tuscon, sportage. Vw passat, nissan cefiro. Then theres the 98 Merc e class which is quite good. So i guess for 3.85 its not worth it, cos the only extra cool option is the reverse camera, and you can fit that on any car for max 2 lakhs.

I hear you...

Yes but this is unreg and done only 40K, taking that into consideration... :D

Machan you can get J plates with less that 40k for 3.4-3.5. Saw one last month a car sale in Nugegoda..

machang what's the car your talkin about allion or the premio? coz my friend bought an unregisterd allion less than 40k for 3 mil...

Don’t ever trust the mileage in the car sales.

Yeah...

Guys I saw two wine red allions in a sale at Kochikade... One of them claims to be brand new with just 43kms done which was priced at 4milion. The other one was 34,000kms with a price tag of 3.5milion...

This was not the 1st one i saw claiming to be brand new....

machang what's the car your talkin about allion or the premio? coz my friend bought an unregisterd allion less than 40k for 3 mil...

you can only buy a 1.5L Allion(A15) for 3 million! now we all know that itz a bit underpowered!

How geniune are the auction sheets some traders provide with the car? This includes mileage too.

Ofcourse if the meter was changed prior to the car going to the auction then its useless anyway.

I hear you...

Yes but this is unreg and done only 40K, taking that into consideration... :D

Well you could get a primera unreg for max 3 with about the same mileage. The primera has every option the premio does including the reverse camera. If you dont care about a reverse camera a cefiro is much larger and way more comfier, with better performance, 6 speakers, electric seats. The XG is another good buy. It has triptronic, TCS, and the usual as the cefiro. Its also a V6 so will be more powerful, but fuel wise not so good. Itll be about 2.7m. There was a cedric for sale bout a year back for 3.5 million. That was really worth the money, but i guess by now must be 5 million.

Couldn't agree with you more there. The digital odometers are even easier to fix undetected........I've seen a fleet of AT210 Carinas which were bought unreg from a well known car sale some time back all with around 20k on the clock. The guys ran the cars happily for 3 years till they hit 100k and all the Odos went back to zero. - the first digit had simply been blanked out. :D

Well you could get a primera unreg for max 3 with about the same mileage. The primera has every option the premio does including the reverse camera. If you dont care about a reverse camera a cefiro is much larger and way more comfier, with better performance, 6 speakers, electric seats. The XG is another good buy. It has triptronic, TCS, and the usual as the cefiro. Its also a V6 so will be more powerful, but fuel wise not so good. Itll be about 2.7m. There was a cedric for sale bout a year back for 3.5 million. That was really worth the money, but i guess by now must be 5 million.

I think the premio is altogether a more practical solution than either primera or cefiro. ( i completely overlook XG and cedric as being alternatives to the Premio ... for obvious reasons)

Premio is "Toyota" ... need I remind the benefits of a Toyota when it comes to reliability, fuel efficiency, resale value, etc. etc. (I guess Premio is way ahead in terms of fuel efficiency and reliability)

I think the premio is altogether a more practical solution than either primera or cefiro. ( i completely overlook XG and cedric as being alternatives to the Premio ... for obvious reasons)

Premio is "Toyota" ... need I remind the benefits of a Toyota when it comes to reliability, fuel efficiency, resale value, etc. etc. (I guess Premio is way ahead in terms of fuel efficiency and reliability)

Agree with all the points!

I saw one this evening, they want me to pay 3.85M. Its an Unreg, 1.8cc, X grade, with Leather & Wood trim interior, & its got 17" Alloys (not sure of the size) :D...

TY in adv!

You might want to shop around a bit mate. If you're really after a premio there was one for sale in Kohuwela for 3,475 (unreg) full option with about 50k done.

If you're willing to spend 3.8m you can pick up an unreg Mazda 6 which is far better than a premio in my opinion.

As for the premio looking like the allion quite frankly the difference is too minute to notice. Buy the cheaper one.!

That is true.. But i doubt this has been tampered with. Anyways its a 1.8cc and for 3.85 its a damn good price, right?

bottom line is Cefiro or Primera may be faster more elegant etc. etc. but Premio would be the most practical... say if you have plenty of cash in your hand after investing on the car to buy adddtional fuel, do the odd repair (things you'd hardly never attend to in a well built Toyota) then you go for either Nissan! else if u want to live more practically and peacefully with the assurance that in the future you don't have to wait for months to sell your vehicle at a decent price ... you go for Premio @ that price!

bottom line is Cefiro or Primera may be faster more elegant etc. etc. but Premio would be the most practical... say if you have plenty of cash in your hand after investing on the car to buy adddtional fuel, do the odd repair (things you'd hardly never attend to in a well built Toyota) then you go for either Nissan! else if u want to live more practically and peacefully with the assurance that in the future you don't have to wait for months to sell your vehicle at a decent price ... you go for Premio @ that price!

Dude gotta disagree with you. Nissan would be as reliable as a toyota would be any day. Taking the primera into consideration (since the cefiro is more powerful so would not be that good on fuel), it is about the same size as a premio and plus has every single option, climate control, xenon headlamps, etc. Its as practical, about the same on fuel and fairly reliable. In a britsh car manufacturer test the total annual cost spent for repairs and maintenance -toyota 400 pounds and nissan 230 pounds. So finally both cars would be equally good, but in making the final choice it would just depend on your personal favourite

Dude gotta disagree with you. Nissan would be as reliable as a toyota would be any day. Taking the primera into consideration (since the cefiro is more powerful so would not be that good on fuel), it is about the same size as a premio and plus has every single option, climate control, xenon headlamps, etc. Its as practical, about the same on fuel and fairly reliable. In a britsh car manufacturer test the total annual cost spent for repairs and maintenance -toyota 400 pounds and nissan 230 pounds. So finally both cars would be equally good, but in making the final choice it would just depend on your personal favourite

I respect your opinion, but based on what i gather newer primera is not equal or better than a premio in fuel efficiency + i think resale value of a premio is higher + i think Toyota's are more reliable! (there'll be billion(metaphorically) reports published by various sources indicating that Toyota is more reliable) ... that of course is my opinion, i guess things like reliability are hard to measure and the opinions can be very subjective ... so i don't outright deny your claims! but i am not sold wit da fact that Nissans are any cheaper to maintain! :D

I respect your opinion, but based on what i gather newer primera is not equal or better than a premio in fuel efficiency + i think resale value of a premio is higher + i think Toyota's are more reliable! (there'll be billion(metaphorically) reports published by various sources indicating that Toyota is more reliable) ... that of course is my opinion, i guess things like reliability are hard to measure and the opinions can be very subjective ... so i don't outright deny your claims! but i am not sold wit da fact that Nissans are any cheaper to maintain! :D

Actually the new Primera is a 2.0 litre and it does around 7.0-7.5 km/l with the auto CVT which is not too bad and in my opinion it looks a lot more special than a Premio. Parts are not too expensive, as for maintainence it requires regular tune ups because the throttle body gets collects carbon easily. Other than that its very reliable and quite hardy.

Actually the new Primera is a 2.0 litre and it does around 7.0-7.5 km/l with the auto CVT which is not too bad and in my opinion it looks a lot more special than a Premio. Parts are not too expensive, as for maintainence it requires regular tune ups because the throttle body gets collects carbon easily. Other than that its very reliable and quite hardy.

what u have said is consistent to what i have heard! may be the fuel econo can drop a tad if you are hard on the gas(naturally so)! yeah the primera is a better car! but am sure dat premio is more economical!

the premio is definitely more economical...relatively...cross the 2.0L border and it's a whole new ball game but they'd obviously feed a 1.8L a bowl of whoop ass...

nuaim is fuel consumption your only consideration?

Edited by sharkster

the premio is definitely more economical...relatively...cross the 2.0L border and it's a whole new ball game but they'd obviously feed a 1.8L a bowl of whoop ass...

nuaim is fuel consumption your only consideration?

Did i even mention fuel usage anywhere? lol! :D Its more like space, garage space...

I think i failed to mention this, but i wanna get it part exchanged for my N16.

Edited by sharkster