• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 141 2012 Fuel consumption and know issues with it

XuneB

I have been hunting for a well used axio for under 4 mil but after going through about 15 cars i couldn't find even one well looked after decent car. Some owners didn't even know about the cvt oil change. Some had mileages that looked ridiculous when compared to the state of the car. SO now i have given up the search for an axio and started look for a corolla 141 or a FD4.

I know the 2008-2009 141s are having a bad market value due to their bad full economy but i found the  2012 141 models are going for higher prices. Is this higher price because they perform better and have better fuel economy. Are their any issues with the 2012 model that i should know of. And is the price tag of 4 - 4.2 mil reasonable for the 2012 model.

And for a FD4 im looking for a model above 2010. How is the fuel consumption for FD4 and are there any known issues that i should know of, FD4 too  have a price rage of 3.8 - 4.2 mil and is this price tag reasonable for them.

Comparing these two which is better.

Hope the well experienced AL people fill me with everything i need to know.

Thanks

Edited by XuneB

Yep, from 2012 onwards the 3ZZ-FE engine of the 141 got replaced by more economical 1ZR-FE engine.

2008 141s had the melting dashboard issue just as the JDM Axio of the same year - plus the AC compressor goes kaput after about every 60k-70k kms

FD4s, solid cars, nothing wrong with them afaik except for the low ground clearance and relatively higher spare parts cost

Why didn't you consider the Lancer CY (EX)? Almost all of them are agent-maintained thus have verifiable mileages and are still with their 1st or 2nd owner.

2012 came from Thailand and majority were manuals. They were better equipped with climate control, factory audio etc.

Bit more power, DVVTi in place of VVTi i the older car, however do not expect Allion/ Premio economy.

We have a 2007 with 70K km on the clock with only shocks replaced other than the usual consumables like filter, brake pads, belts.

2012 demand higher prices because they are new 7 years against 10-12 for the older