• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sl55 Amg

streetKIA

Anyone seen that car around? I saw it today, and a couple of times before. One word for it is gorgeous. ANyone have any idea who the owner is?

I love SL series, What colour was it?

• 3 weeks later...

in respect of privacy i'll just have to say he's a businessman...

yeah its the captin u know they got connections!

my cousin has one and it is very very fast and the roof is magical..lol

let me know if u want interior pics or engine bay. btw this car is supercharged and has front mount intercooler

Benz008.jpg

My cousin has a black one

mb2-1.jpg

mb.jpg

Drove a S55 the other day. Whilst the entire car is a marvel, what really impressed me was the "distronic". Awsome gadget!

Set the cruise control at 200km/h and the distance (speed based) in front of you. Then let lose!!! As I approached my first vehicle in front of me, the distronic automatically did the necessary braking to reduce speed, then as I changed to the free lane, the car sensed the free space in front of it and the power broke lose again. Awsome all the way!!

Set the cruise control at 200km/h and the distance (speed based) in front of you. Then let lose!!! As I approached my first vehicle in front of me, the distronic automatically did the necessary braking to reduce speed, then as I changed to the free lane, the car sensed the free space in front of it and the power broke lose again. Awsome all the way!!

I dream about the day when I can coolly say things like "I set the cruise control to 200kmph"..... Too bad its never gonna happen on our roads even if I get a car that can ;)

Edited by Pericles

I dream about the day when I can coolly say things like "I set the cruise control to 200kmph"..... Too bad its never gonna happen on our roads even if I get a car that can ;)

mutt your car can hit 200 fool, just does not indicate it.. you forgot eh?

Edited by SpeedHolic

Drove a S55 the other day. Whilst the entire car is a marvel, what really impressed me was the "distronic". Awsome gadget!

I think it came first as an option on the s-class. I remember seeing it on top gear. Pretty advanced stuff, but with the lexus ls430 it actually steers for you. Its mainly used for parking, as i guess taking a chance on the road, would be kinda risky.

Wonderful technology, but it takes a lot of the skill and fun out of driving.

In a few years to come, it will actually breed a whole new generation of idiots for drivers.

Wonderful technology, but it takes a lot of the skill and fun out of driving.

In a few years to come, it will actually breed a whole new generation of idiots for drivers.

Well said. I think it all started with the invention of Auto transmission. In America you see loads of people driving like they're pros, including women who think they're race car drivers just because they can drive an auto gear car on a highway. But their skill is very limited, and ability to drive standard transmission almost non existent. I'd like to see them even try to drive an auto on Sri Lankan roads, leave alone anything else ;) Sometimes I wish all this fancy technology would kind of slow down, if only to ensure that driving still requires some skill.