• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Fuel (octane) To Use..

hefraz

um I think its 10.0:1 compression ratio , only the 1.6L has the high compression ratio 11:1 due to its high reving engine ;) correct me if m wrong ;)

Type K12B

Number of cylinders 4

Number of valves 16

Piston displacement cm3 1,242

Bore x stroke mm 73.0 x 74.2

Compression ratio 11.0

Maximum output kW/rpm 69 / 6,000

Maximum torque N・m/rpm 118 / 4,800

Fuel distribution Multipoint injection

Emission standard compliance Euro 5

Got my self an Allion a few days back and now i'm confused as to what fuel I need to use.

Went online and did some research but I am no wiser as most websites on the Allion are in Japanese.

The general opinion is that unless recommended higher octane will not provide the benefits needed.

And most car ECU'S adjust to regular fuel. An American website says,

Can anyone shed some light on this, I know most people swear by 95 octane fuel but should I pump 95 to my Allion??

thanks for your advice in advance...

My Reply is not speculation. After reviewing the engine manuals of both Allion 240 and 260. You need 91 Octane or more. I have replied to the same thing two times before with engine specifications. Your only option is 95 Octane as we do not have Octane 92 in Sri Lanka.

90 Octane will run the vehicle, but eventually deposit more carbon and residue and will start slight pinging issues after few years. All these not harsh problems but when a manufacturer designs a vehicle to be used in a way, why break that.

Thank you.