• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Finally Raced My Car At The Track ... Video!!!

Mean Green z28

After 7-8 months of hard work, I took her to the track. I went expecting 1/4 mile times in the low 12 second region but my car had other plans for me (considering my previous best was 12.69@110mph). It was a new setup and not completely dialed in but 'oh well'. I am also on my stock 'weak' rear axle and so I had to also take off pretty easy too, so double 'oh well'.

First run. Left shifter in Drive. 1-2 shift was perfect, 2-3 shift was almost right after that causing the RPM's to just drop and then slowly creap up. I wanted to just shift back to 2nd and then hold onto it a little longer but I thought "F' that, it's the first run, let it take its time" and waited. I was greated by a 11.92@114mph (with a 1.66sec 60foot time) run ... WHAT? DAMN! That def. means it's gonna do much better next time! :P

Second run. Shifted manually. 1-2 shift was okay, 2-3 shift hit the rev limiter a wee bit. This actually was a bit hard 'cos I was shifting in the dark. My tach reads half the actual RPM's (new setup has a different signal) and it's 'lazy' so I'm just guessing everything and listening to the engine. ;)

I return to the staging lanes and my boss is all happy and jumpy! I was like WFT? And he goes, "one more tenth of a second faster and you'll be neading a rollbar buddy!". I was psyched !!! 11.65@116mph (with a 1.60sec 60foot time) WOO HOOO!!!! Anyways, happy as I am now, let me share ... lol ;);)

0b2438ba-8d6d-40b1-907c-981d0160f7cb.jpgClick here to see Video

ps: there's a fully modded out VW Bug racing on the other lane, that thing was awesome! He slowed down after like the first half of the track, if not he would've been on a easy 8-9 sec pass! :D

Edited by Mean Green z28

ps: there's a fully modded out VW Bug racing on the other lane, that thing was awesome! He slowed down after like the first half of the track, if not he would've been on a easy 8-9 sec pass! :alc:

Cool scene man!

Also, Mega bug! I remember a bug here at the drag races. Damn quick off the line, but no top end. Had a flame thrower kit too :alc:

No offence

but i have seen this video somewhere else

please dont post others video as yours and try to cheat us thanks

Based on what I know about the poster, I have reason to belive its genuine. I'll not say ur wrong, and u are entitled to ur own opinion, but I belive its genuine. Mostly based on the audio commentary...

I think it's the real thing. MeanGreen does not need to post other ppl's pics and make it look like his. He is genuinely into it.

Cool video MeanGreen!!

It is always a pleasure to build your own car and then be able to do what you really want to do with it.

Cheers

I can vouch for the poster....i have met him and he has no reason to play around

@Mean Green...Wondering who i am?? maybe u'll remember the 3:00am trip to baltimore

Yeah, I remember you. You're from up North (slippery rock?) right?

GihanFX ... unfortunately, nobody sponsors me except for myself so tires are gonna get expensive at $130ea. :alc: (and that's cost price through my work!)

Ministry .. No offence taken. If you don't believe me, oh well!

Thanks to all you other guys for defending me/my car and for all the support. As for the commentry, everyone here in the states know me by my first name 'Tuan' but everyone from back home and family know me by my middle, 'Azmin'. The guy was going "Tuan waits patiently blab blah ... " 'cos the bug was taking soooooo damn long to line up.

Check out my site (in my sig) if you doubt anything ... peace out bros!!!

Edited by Mean Green z28

Hey I know you & ur bro from back home, Tuan Azmin Burah. Had no idea you were in to cars. Shall contact you. Thanks AL

Sorry mods you may delete this post if you want.

Cool! elaborate pls. on who you are :(

edit: just read my guestbook ... wuttup yo! Yeah, I remember you!

Edited by Mean Green z28