• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Getting A Hyundai

Vtechman

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but I thought maybe you experts could give me some advice o the Hyundai's Sonata H-Matic. The one that looks like the Jag in front............anyone think it's a good car to pick up? I gota Honda EK3 bu nowq i want something a little bigger just to cruise around.......Wud appreciate your views

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but I thought maybe you experts could give me some advice o the Hyundai's Sonata H-Matic. The one that looks like the Jag in front............anyone think it's a good car to pick up? I gota Honda EK3 bu nowq i want something a little bigger just to cruise around.......Wud appreciate your views

I may know one thats for sale, owner has it for about 1.5 years. Car is great to own, comfortable, u get about 8.5 to a litre running in colombo. All maintenance has been done at Hyundai.

For: Comfort, Stability, Maintenance, Looks

Against: Re-Sale.

Its quite a good car. Re-con you might be able to get it for about 2.1m, seconda hand about 1.9m. Will this be a company car or will you be buying it? Luxury wise the car is awesome. Its got rear storage compartments in the armrest cupholders, wood trim, projection headlamps, a rheostat, digital odometer, etc. Hyundai has placed close attention to it, and you will even find small details that are quite cool, like a light around the ignition, a small green light around the key hole outside, etc. The only major option that it doesnt have is dual airbags and ABS. The recon hyundais never came with safety options. You might be able to find one with abs, but no airbags. Only the cars bought from the dealer have airbags. It'll be a good buy if its a company car, as you get quite a large car at a cheap price. For personal use i mean you could even get an accord advertised in the classifieds with airbags electric seats, except though with the triptronic, and its a little older. Then theres also the option of a 1999 cefiro which you could get for 1.9m second hand, Electric seats, 10 speakers, but it is a V6, and so will be a killer on petrol. If you want korean, consider the kia optima too. Its based on the same hyundai platform, same mileage and performance. Its also got the same options, except for the triptronic. But it does have abs and a airbag. My dad has one and it has been a brilliant car, large and fast. Looks real good too. Finding one might be rare. I think there are maximum about 10 2001- 2002 kia optimas here.

I may know one thats for sale, owner has it for about 1.5 years. Car is great to own, comfortable, u get about 8.5 to a litre running in colombo. All maintenance has been done at Hyundai.

this Sonata model had some really good reliability ranking in reports published in the US!!! yes... but datz in US!

bottom line is if u have assurance that this was a properly maintained car! i say u go for it and then u maintain it properly ... but if the car has not been kept well!!! then u can expect all sorts of problems starting wit fuel economy of around 5km/l in traffic!

anyway sonata is lovely car! i would buy one anyday if i know that the previous owner took a good care of it!

but never expect the fuel efficient to be as anywhere as close to an EK3!

Its quite a good car. Re-con you might be able to get it for about 2.1m, seconda hand about 1.9m. Will this be a company car or will you be buying it? Luxury wise the car is awesome. Its got rear storage compartments in the armrest cupholders, wood trim, projection headlamps, a rheostat, digital odometer, etc. Hyundai has placed close attention to it, and you will even find small details that are quite cool, like a light around the ignition, a small green light around the key hole outside, etc. The only major option that it doesnt have is dual airbags and ABS. The recon hyundais never came with safety options. You might be able to find one with abs, but no airbags. Only the cars bought from the dealer have airbags. It'll be a good buy if its a company car, as you get quite a large car at a cheap price. For personal use i mean you could even get an accord advertised in the classifieds with airbags electric seats, except though with the triptronic, and its a little older. Then theres also the option of a 1999 cefiro which you could get for 1.9m second hand, Electric seats, 10 speakers, but it is a V6, and so will be a killer on petrol. If you want korean, consider the kia optima too. Its based on the same hyundai platform, same mileage and performance. Its also got the same options, except for the triptronic. But it does have abs and a airbag. My dad has one and it has been a brilliant car, large and fast. Looks real good too. Finding one might be rare. I think there are maximum about 10 2001- 2002 kia optimas here.

Thanks for the replies guys! Well it's gonna be for my company. At the moment there is one mfd in 2001. The plates are JJ so I guess that wud mean registered here somewhere in 2004. 2.0L with all the ops you can imgine (except for ABS & Airbags). But here's the thing it's going for 1.65M! So the price has got me hooked cause the car looks well maintained. But the question is what about spares? I heard the agents here don't stock on spares. If this is true is there anyone else reliable to go to?

Any chance of getting the contact off you? I wud be interested to check it out.......

Thanks for the replies guys! Well it's gonna be for my company. At the moment there is one mfd in 2001. The plates are JJ so I guess that wud mean registered here somewhere in 2004. 2.0L with all the ops you can imgine (except for ABS & Airbags). But here's the thing it's going for 1.65M! So the price has got me hooked cause the car looks well maintained. But the question is what about spares? I heard the agents here don't stock on spares. If this is true is there anyone else reliable to go to?

Any chance of getting the contact off you? I wud be interested to check it out.......

Thanks Street KIA..........I just might go for it! Thanks again.