• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problem with a chassis crack

nadskit

Hi...

The K11 am using was giving probs right throughout last week, the garage people just told me that there is a crack in the Chassey and it is not suitable for driving, they said this could be due to a serious accident, though it has had a few accident nothing major has happened so far..can anyone explain to me about this..is it a serious issue..?????????

Hi...

The K11 am using was giving probs right throughout last week, the garage people just told me that there is a crack in the Chassey and it is not suitable for driving, they said this could be due to a serious accident, though it has had a few accident nothing major has happened so far..can anyone explain to me about this..is it a serious issue..?????????

machang, wen we had our nissan sunny FB14 we has an issue where the steering was shaking a bit and it was draging itself to the left side. The garage guys couldnt figure it out so we went to the agents. To see there was a uneveness of the chasy due a accident. The cost of the repair was a bit high but the test only cost 1200. So go to them and try their opinion

machang, wen we had our nissan sunny FB14 we has an issue where the steering was shaking a bit and it was draging itself to the left side. The garage guys couldnt figure it out so we went to the agents. To see there was a uneveness of the chasy due a accident. The cost of the repair was a bit high but the test only cost 1200. So go to them and try their opinion

machang? huh. isn't that only for guys

Hi...

If it really is a cracked chasis, then you do have a very serious problem. But don't take any outside Garage's word for it, take it to A*W, they will put the car up and check, then you can see for yourself too. All the best.

Hey Nads, Shall we change the topic on this one? Coz no one is likely to guess u have a problem from the title and that might leave someone who can help to skip over it.

Go ahead Praveen no worries...,,, I checked this out from our D*****su garage, the vehicle has had a few accidents but nothing major happend in Sri Lanka, but since its a reconditioned vehicle they say this must've happened in Japan itself. :D

Go ahead Praveen no worries...,,, I checked this out from our D*****su garage, the vehicle has had a few accidents but nothing major happend in Sri Lanka, but since its a reconditioned vehicle they say this must've happened in Japan itself. ;)

1) handling can be unpredictable depending on the extent of the damage! so yes it can be dangerous wit a gurl who spped 100 kph on her brand new Maruti wit new pads :P

2) market value of a car wit chassis damage should be really! really! low... (since this is ur office vehic. no immediate problem) wit dat!

/oops! i had typed 10kph in plc of 100kph sorry in case anybody noticed :o

Edited by isurujosh

First know how big the damage is. get the agent's opinion on this.

If that crack as a result of an accident, ur chassis may have alignment problems also (wrap chassis). Until the problem solved, park the car in a level ground, do not load, but you may drive the car smoothly.

usually cracks propagate from bolt holes, bends or joints. did you notice where the crack is ?

Hi,

Yes, I do think quite a few vehicles that come to Sri Lanka have met with some form or an another accident in Japan, most of them just cosmetic and they simply replace the part damaged repaint the car and send it over, and sometimes the repair is done in SL.

I am not sure if the Agents are the correct people to contact for a crack in the chassies, certainly might be the correct people if the chassies were bent because then they can fit the car into a special chassy correction rig they have to straighten it out. I think the only thing you can do is have the crack welded and the are strengthened, but I am optimistic the car can be repaired, since this is Sri Lanka, and if they can do cut but's certainly this can be repaired, though maybe in a bit unconventional way.

I think a cracked chassies does not indicate the seriousness of an accident, because It kind of is dependent on the chassies themselves. For example I have seen old Hilux cabs which when faced with a full frontal collition suffer a cracked chassy on the chassy are underneath the windscreen. Doesnt happen all the time, and the 2 vehicles I have seen with this problem the vehicle had been hit on right hand side with damage to the headlight the bugger and a bit to the bonnet, and the damage itself does not appear too great. I just know a dude who made quite a few buckes buying 2 such cabs and then repaired and sold them for much more than he bought.

If it was caused by an accident or not should be pretty evident as soon as you put the car on a hoist and lift it up though, if the chassy has got cracked due to an accident there must be other signs of the accident all arround the car.

The Don

Hi...

Got it welded and did a wheel alignment aswell but still the steering is not quite doing what I want it to do :D feel as it it dragging to a side... :P

Hi,

If it bothers you a lot and you want the problem sorted I think you need to put your car on one of those chassy correction rigs, and have the problem corrected,

I once had a car with the same problem, one wheel was an inch behind the other wheel !!! didn't know a lot about cars when we got it (i was little he he), the car had suffered damage to the front and repaired, what we did was we bought a front from Delkanda and welded it on and that took care of most of the problem, and then they rigged the car up and straightened it out,

Might cost you very little or a bit depending on who you use, in my case our neighbourhood dude did the job with a piece of meassuring tapa ha ha, the results were pretty good I must say,

the steering wasn't perfect, but was much much better, basically didn't even notice it after the repair, I think as cars grow older and after riding on our bumpy roads, I think all of them have a slight pull to the left ha ha ha.

The Don