• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrx Vs. Wrx Sti

isurujosh

Actually the question goes out to Dimantha especially but other scooby lovers may also contribute!

I know that if the badge says WRX alone the car is a more civilised version of the WRX STi, i mean sti is the tuned version of WRX!

I need to know what are the specific differences between the two like power, suspension tune, goodies etc.

given the differences how does prices behave in Sri Lanka? or is it (wrx/sti difference) irrelevant? (possibly the wrx should be truned into an Sti w/out much effort right?)

hmmm... the forum has been a bit quite over past couple of days! so i thot y not talk about scoooooobies :P

DIFFERENCES

WRX

Intercooler is a BIT Smaller

Front and Rear Subaru Disc Brakes

5 Speed Gear Box

Subaru Sport Seats

JDM SPEC 250 BHP / SINGAPORE 225 BHP

STI 7

Intercooler Is Bigger

Front and Rear Brembo Brakes

6 Speed Gear Box

Recaro Seats

Red Manifold

JDM SPEC 280 BHP / SINGAPORE 265 BHP

btw isuru you have to specify which generation you're comparing cos the newer STi's are packed with features...

just to add to dims post the STi 7 has stronger engine internals and a larger turbo...oh and the WRX doesn't come with BBS wheels...don't think the WRX comes with LSD...turning circles are different...there's a lot more dude...in a rush...

DIFFERENCES

WRX

5 Speed Gear Box

Subaru Sport Seats

STI 7

Intercooler Is Bigger

6 Speed Gear Box

Recaro Seats

Red Manifold

machan, over here all the WRX STi comes with 300 HP.... for more info click here

btw isuru you have to specify which generation you're comparing cos the newer STi's are packed with features...

just to add to dims post the STi 7 has stronger engine internals and a larger turbo...oh and the WRX doesn't come with BBS wheels...don't think the WRX comes with LSD...turning circles are different...there's a lot more dude...in a rush...

tnx for the replies guyz!

looks as if the differences are like between and Integra type s and a type R! (not soooo much different unless u push cars to limits)

well i was interested in sti9 or even any new model (not that i consider buy or anything :P )!

anway i assume that a wrx will be more practical(does it drink 95 and be happy?) and will have more goodies (as weight reduction would not be no. 1 concern)

how about stuff like handling, chassis rigidity, suspension setting and all those gadgets that help handling viz. AYC?

in that case 2.5L turbo STI got more than 300HP ? or is it equel to the 2.0L turbo HP rate ?

just did a quick search on yahoo autos!

dillon is right there is no more 2L imprezas in US, they all are 2.5L one ranging from 173hp-300hp... 300hp one being named sti! it would be interesting know whether jdm 2L sti has 300hp??? but with torque the 2.5L should be ahead(unless the 2L has a huuuuuuuuuuge turbo)

Edited by isurujosh

the 2.5L is for the US market only...2.0L for the rest of the world...

Jeeees guess wot i found!!!

the US market 2.5L sti9 has more hp than jdm sti9 300 to 280 ... alright!

but!!!! US market 2.5L sti9 has less torque than jdm sti9 300lbft to 311 lbft !!!

the funny thing is the current jdm sti9 is said to have been tuned from the previous generation such that hp had remained at 280 but torque alone has increased from 275 lbft to 311 lbft!!!

torque increased drmatically w/out a single hp increase!!!

wot a freaking turbo!!!

i wonder whether the so called gentleman's rule in japan has anything to do with this kind of tuning!!!

End note: the 2.5L US sti is heavier and slower than jdm 2L! US do not get a real STI!!!

given the differences how does prices behave in Sri Lanka?

So guys, any idea how much of a differance in price between them in the local market??

Thanks to Dimantha now we know WRX goes for 4.5mn. :P How much is an sti???

So guys, any idea how much of a differance in price between them in the local market??

Thanks to Dimantha now we know WRX goes for 4.5mn. :P How much is an sti???

registered STi 7's are around 4 mill or just under...dims WRX is unreg and the kit and wheels add value to it...

before the Budget cars Sti 7 were sold around 28.

After the Budget Sti 7 went at 5.5 due to the duty Increase.

my wheels are a bit expensive. Around 310 GBP a wheel X 4= 1240 GBP

By the way If the previous duty amount would have been there a Sti 9 would be going for the price of around Rs 4 to 4.5 million :P

before the Budget cars Sti 7 were sold around 28.

After the Budget Sti 7 went at 5.5 due to the duty Increase.

my wheels are a bit expensive. Around 310 GBP a wheel X 4= 1240 GBP

By the way If the previous duty amount would have been there a Sti 9 would be going for the price of around Rs 4 to 4.5 million :P

Sheesh... 2.7 Mill difference be4 budget n after budget!!! Anyone care to invest in a time machine?

Sheesh... 2.7 Mill difference be4 budget n after budget!!! Anyone care to invest in a time machine?

And "its" only gonna get worse bro !!! There's another expected Tax Hike around the corner :P

Yes in deed. It's 2 laks and which applies to all the recon vehicles only.

oh...im suprised my post wasnt deleted...

Anyway, it is said Pakistan and Nigeria who imports recon vehicles doesnt require this licence...then why us?

DIFFERENCES

WRX

5 Speed Gear Box

Subaru Sport Seats

STI 7

Intercooler Is Bigger

6 Speed Gear Box

Recaro Seats

Red Manifold

machan what about the turbo? do they share the same one?

just did a quick search on yahoo autos!

dillon is right there is no more 2L imprezas in US, they all are 2.5L one ranging from 173hp-300hp... 300hp one being named sti! it would be interesting know whether jdm 2L sti has 300hp??? but with torque the 2.5L should be ahead(unless the 2L has a huuuuuuuuuuge turbo)

today i met ishraq and i ask him abt the 2.5L turbo verion and he told me that car is heavy than the other's and the Japan verion STI is more powerfull than the rest.. anyway his brother brought a new STI 9 TYPE R

oh guys interesting topic,

the wrx comes with a ihi standard turbo with 8 fins on the impeller

sti comes with an uprated aluminium turbo that has 10 fins to run higher boost with a seperate oil line going through it to cool it when things get hot.

wrx has no avcs- active valve control system

sti has avcs- its basically runs according to the same principles as VTEC

wrx comes with a standard ecu

the new sti comes with a programmable ecu which can be connected to a lap top with the right software and can be tuned, no need for buying stand alone ecu's like motec or gems

wrx comes with normal road suspension

sti comes with performance suspension and stiffer springs, it also comes with sti lower arms

wrx- has a 1.5way street lsd

sti- comes with electronic lsd called active centre diff which can be used by the driver to adjust the power between the front and the rear.

sti comes with a larger inlet manifold than the wrx which helps it take more air into the engine

nothing else to cover as dims has covered the rest of the differences

i wonder where ishraq and javidh bought there two sti 9 from :action-smiley-060: took it away before i could get into them

guys i m not trying to promote our place here, so administrators please dont take it the wrong way, but if you want to see what the 2.5l sti engine looks like come down to my place as we have a sti forester that has come with that engine.

Edited by darinwrxsti