• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Yo Gaz Guzzlerz !!! Howz Da Thirzt???

isurujosh

Okey! Guys/gals the idea here is to post the worst ever fuel consumption you have experienced. With the rainy season and hour long waiting in traffics in Colombo, what else topic would be more relevant.

Please follow the format that I have used…

Car: 1996 Nissan Pulsar 1.5L Twin Cam (Auto)

Fuel Consumption: 6.25km/l

Reason: Extreme traffic in rainy season

Car: 2001 Honda City Vtec (Auto)

Fuel Consumption: 7.05km/l

Reason: Traffic in rainy season + high speed driving during the weekend…

Guys please don’t feel shy about how bad the fuel consumption was, because in this thread the winner is the worst of all! Besides you are allowed the liberty of disclosing the reason behind the bad figure too :-)

Note: The winner will walk away with a token prize of 5 liters of petrol!

This post is done with the hope of obtaining some 3 star petrol k.. so it better be worth it lol...

Car :- 1998 Toyota Sprinter (Auto)

Fuel Consumption :- 11km/l

Reason :- Running kinda slow these days cuz of empty wallets :-)

Zz

This post is done with the hope of obtaining some 3 star petrol k.. so it better be worth it lol...

Car :- 1998 Toyota Sprinter (Auto)

Fuel Consumption :- 11km/l

Reason :- Running kinda slow these days cuz of empty wallets :-)

Zz

WTF 11km/l is the worst ever you've got!!! damn how d u expect to win :D

WTF 11km/l is the worst ever you've got!!! damn how d u expect to win :D

it aint the worst bro.. lol.. the worst was 7-8 k/l when returning from nuwara eliya... but at times the consumption would be more after a little modifying which i am supposed to be working on sniff...

how do i expect to win what? hehe.. hey your car s a vtec nah? lucky B**** lmao.. 100hp/l . When my dad drives the car the fuel works at its best, when you start revving up the engine and get the gears to shift to lower ones to get quick acceleration, it drinks the tank empty in no time.. does that Soltron thingy at the petrol station help to improve fuel efficiency?

Zz

I think Preveen should be the winner....

Date: Racing skills at night 1

Consumption: 20ltrs

Distance driven: 0 Kms

Reason: Front seat passenger with A/C running. :D

J/K guys :P

That was back seat passenger and it didn't quite use up that much.

Waste of good 95 tho...

That was back seat passenger and it didn't quite use up that much.

Waste of good 95 tho...

c'mon lad we need some vzr figures to beat optima!

I think Preveen should be the winner....

what if Adrew decides cum bak to the forum and post figures of a GTR in full throttle :D

then we have scoobies (racing type r to Matara), x-trails and the freeeeeeeeaking rotary engines too! can't wait to see dilon decinding to post about a rotary engine in full throttle!

Car: 2002 Kia Optima 2.0l -auto

Fuel Consumption: 5km/l

Reason: problem with engine

Car: 2002 Kia Rio hatch - auto

Fuel Consumption: 11 km/l

Reason: Used occasionally...

yah dude auto tranny z a killer in traffic!

Edited by isurujosh

what if Adrew decides cum bak to the forum and post figures of a GTR in full throttle :D

then we have scoobies (racing type r to Matara), x-trails and the freeeeeeeeaking rotary engines too! can't wait to see dilon decinding to post about a rotary engine in full throttle!

yah dude auto tranny z a killer in traffic!

Well if you want bad gas mileage, the enzo does 3.2km/l , the murcielago 3.7 km/l, and the BMW M5 does 4.9km/l beating the range rover and hummer.

Okey! Guys/gals the idea here is to post the worst ever fuel consumption you have experienced. With the rainy season and hour long waiting in traffics in Colombo, what else topic would be more relevant.

Please follow the format that I have used…

Guys please don’t feel shy about how bad the fuel consumption was, because in this thread the winner is the worst of all! Besides you are allowed the liberty of disclosing the reason behind the bad figure too :-)

Note: The winner will walk away with a token prize of 5 liters of petrol!

Worst ever fuel consumption in what way? Worst Fuel Consumption after a Full Tank depletion? After a short distance? Long distance? U Normally dont measure it every day u drive right???? or am i wrong! :D

Well I reconfirmed the worst gas mileage on the optima with my dad, turns out it was 4.5km/l. Im not too sure about the details but the engine was heating up way too much, and i think excess petrol was being used up.Well its all fixed now and on good days it does about 7km/l- 9km/l. The Rio's really good on fuel, and has always got great mileage on a tank of petrol so no problems there.

the enzo does 3.2km/l , the murcielago 3.7 km/l, and the BMW M5 does 4.9km/l

i guess those figures are for nor mal conditions... full throttle those cars would hardly do 1km/l i guess!

Try beating the Veyron running out of gas in 12 minutes on full throttle.... I think its 80l, but someone check that up....

interesting to know indeed! once there was a forbes article on worst fuel economies(perhaps in normal conditions) and I rememeber there were one or two worst than that (not sure, vaguely remember) ...

as u said full throttle it could very well be scary! anway the math would indicate

full throttle should mean an average speed of around say 225 miles per hour (Claimed max is 251, but that is achieved under very special circumstances) ... for 12 minz(1/5 of an hour) 45miles ... datz 72km for 80liters ... 0.9 km/L ... not bad really... i don't think that even a N/A enzo would be as efficient as that in full throttle!(forget mclaren F1 built in Thatcher Era)

Well I reconfirmed the worst gas mileage on the optima with my dad, turns out it was 4.5km/l. Im not too sure about the details but the engine was heating up way too much, and i think excess petrol was being used up.Well its all fixed now and on good days it does about 7km/l- 9km/l. The Rio's really good on fuel, and has always got great mileage on a tank of petrol so no problems there.

yah no doubt a well maintaned optima would do well/better in good condition!

but wit 4.5km/l (wit dat problem u mentioned) u seem to be at the moment head the list!

Worst ever fuel consumption in what way? Worst Fuel Consumption after a Full Tank depletion? After a short distance? Long distance? U Normally dont measure it every day u drive right???? or am i wrong! :D

no restrictions in that sense dude! i consistently pump petrol every 200km and i check the efficiency every time as i always top up, which means even my worst figures are a bit optimistic! i am sure under really bad conditions(full throttle) it could even be worse than said 7.05km/l ... who knows!

Factory Spec: 14 miles/Gal ( 5.94 km/l)

Thats if you drive like an average driver.. :P in average traffic.

[/url]

5L V8 eh? good! good!

Try beating the Veyron running out of gas in 12 minutes on full throttle.... I think its 80l, but someone check that up....

4 get veyron! how abt vzr? how bad can it get in full throttle? i know for a fact that even a SOHC VTEC is reallly bad on fuel once they hit the zone, would be interesting to know how bad VVL can be?

4 get veyron! how abt vzr? how bad can it get in full throttle? i know for a fact that even a SOHC VTEC is reallly bad on fuel once they hit the zone, would be interesting to know how bad VVL can be?

I don't do sustained driving in the VVL zone. But the avg on normal driving is 7-7.5

Guys,

I have absolutely no problem with what you guys are talking about,

But your conversation is obviously completely off the topic, and isn't on an automotive matter.

I know 2 moderators are involved in this conversation, and please do not misunderstand this is me simply pointing something out.

I know the policy of deleting posts which are not relevent the topic has been advertised by MADZ, and imposed by the moderators, and I support this policy.

But it is not a good example you are setting, and certainly a practice of double standards, if you apply the law some of the time and not on other times, and if there are one set of rules for moderators and another fo the rest of the membership and people the moderators do not like or know.

Please do not misunderstand, I consider you guys my friends, simply asking for a bit of understanding and just consistent and fair application of the forum rules (which by the way none of us really know cos they have not been clearly advertised so this is all guess work and with reference to a recent post by MADZ).

If this is not the case, well i can't see the future but i think people are intelligent enough to understand the reppurcussions.

If you want to delete my post too, cos its OT, and is of a personal nature,

thanks for your understanding no offence intended,

The Don