• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autocross This Saturday.....

KLM

Guys, the MRA has organized an Autocross/Slalom for this Saturday at the AMRC Speedrome in Battaramulla, starting at 3:00 PM.

Any road-worthy car will be permitted to take part provided the Driver uses a seatbelt and helmet. Each run will cost only Rs. 300 and there will be 4 classes contested, namely;

Upto 1400 cc Open

Upto 1600 cc Open

Upto 2000 cc Open and

Turbo Cars Open

As Dimantha proved last time around, you dont need a lot of power to do well at this sort of event. The 'Racing Skills At Night' series has proved to be popular and successful so hopefully, this will be as well. The organizers are expecting an all-star line-up and like last time, there will be food outlets and more.

Guys, the MRA has organized an Autocross/Slalom for this Saturday at the AMRC Speedrome in Battaramulla, starting at 3:00 PM.

Any road-worthy car will be permitted to take part provided the Driver uses a seatbelt and helmet. Each run will cost only Rs. 300 and there will be 4 classes contested, namely;

Upto 1400 cc Open

Upto 1600 cc Open

Upto 2000 cc Open and

Turbo Cars Open

As Dimantha proved last time around, you dont need a lot of power to do well at this sort of event. The 'Racing Skills At Night' series has proved to be popular and successful so hopefully, this will be as well. The organizers are expecting an all-star line-up and like last time, there will be food outlets and more.

will be there but wish that the track is not as challenging as it was in 'Racing Skills At Night 2' ... itz difficult 4 a novice to make up mind to run in a challenging strip! anway if this is for 'all-star line-up' might as well be a happy spectator like last time!

What's the difference between the Autocross and the Slalom? Is the layout gonna be same like at the “Racing skills at night” or is it gonna be with less obstacles?

Last time though they mentioned helmet is a must, allowed the course without helmets (but with seat belts). Are helmets compulsory this time?

What's the difference between the Autocross and the Slalom? Is the layout gonna be same like at the “Racing skills at night” or is it gonna be with less obstacles?

Last time though they mentioned helmet is a must, allowed the course without helmets (but with seat belts). Are helmets compulsory this time?

Bring urs along, might be a business opportunity :D

So how was the event? Anyone have the results?

i got there only at arounf 6 o clock but my friends(some Honda City gang) had been there from the benning and they said it was not as good as the last one... when i got there there weren't many races at all... saw a civic and another ride crashing(not on each other)! anway heard that Dimantha did some runs in his Cerato and ....

Edited by isurujosh

i got there only at arounf 6 o clock but my friends(some Honda City gang) had been there from the benning and they said it was not as good as the last one... when i got there there weren't many races at all... saw a civic and another ride crashing(not on each other)! anway heard that Dimantha did some runs in his Cerato and ....

hey guys what happened at the end. what are the results. It started at around 4.20 i guess and i had to leave early. i was able to do couple of runs. at that time leading was KLM and second GLEN. both of them drove really skillfully,

but i should say that this track was bit hard on the cars ( Couple of Scrapes on my front bumper ) :(

i did a 26.872 at my best, and when i left glenn had done a 26.5.. something and KLM a 26.44...

Any one knows the fastest timing of the day and event winners.

Met speedholic , fuzzo, supercarfan , and couple of more AUTOLANKANS :lol:

Edited by Velocity

glenn stayed undefeated in his class... klm was overtaken by the moke and i heard later on another moke showed up and did the course in 25.X secs to take the pot.

they really should use cones next time. almost all the cars had yellow paint on them

glenn stayed undefeated in his class... klm was overtaken by the moke and i heard later on another moke showed up and did the course in 25.X secs to take the pot.

they really should use cones next time. almost all the cars had yellow paint on them

yeah mokes fly on such a tight circuit. Fuzzo also as you said they should use cones, because most people would not like to damage their cars, specialy as most would love to enter their daily drivers. IMO

It possible for me to join? I have just a plain old toyota sprinter... on second though nah.. wouldnt want my dad coming right at my throat for scraping the car.. whereabout is this place? I am really not familiar with the area..

Hey Isuru.. how about a drag? lolz...

Zz

what stole the show was a honda city with its music blaring...was that you isuru?if so what language was it?

ha! ha! dat was me, and the language was gazolina :)

i was actually doing a demonstration on how to drive safely in a track w/out crashing a car! to my other honda city friend (who had crahsed his car in the track) ... no kiddin my friends had captured my lap in video and it had taken some 30++ seconds :lol:

b4 i did my lap i saw only 3 laps

1) the mini which did quite well

2) honda civic - CRASHED

3) dat funny looking ride - CRASHED wit a mind blowing stunt

so at that time somebody had to do a lap w/out crashing and convince the rest of the crowd :( /jk

@nexgen: anytime bro! i had posted my number in the other thread we were last discussing about it!

Edited by isurujosh

I think KLM got the best timing 25.88 (somebody plz confirm). Man... That Mokes run was superb, and such a hardy car to escape that fly.

I also second that they should have cones as obstacles, May be a ring of Tires around the corner in case of a car goes outta the course. Too many yellow markings on bumpers for V*P to have a special investigation today. :D

But most importantly I think Isurus’ run is the best. He showed the crowd how to drive cool with ur boom boom music and A/C on. Well done Isuru. UR the man... :D