• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tube in tubeless tyre

GoDDy

Question

I recently changed a tyre which is re-conditioned. Its a  Pirelli tyre and not much tread wear but it was loosing air through a puncture possibly caused by a nail. So i got it patched and the air was still leaking. So they tried to patch in 2 layers and it was still leaking. They said since patching isn't working they recommended to try put a tube. I don't know much about tires but i know its a tubeless tyre so how does putting a tube in a tubeless tyre fix it? (sorry if i sounded dumb)..or is there a better way to fix?

3 answers to this question

It can be done but is not recommended. A puncture or blowout of the tube will cause rapid loss of air pressure much like a balloon bursting and you may lose control especially if you are driving at high speed. Don't even think about driving on the expressway. If the car is used exclusively for low speed short journeys like going to the market or bakery it will be okay. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoDDy said:

I recently changed a tyre which is re-conditioned. Its a  Pirelli tyre and not much tread wear but it was loosing air through a puncture possibly caused by a nail. So i got it patched and the air was still leaking. So they tried to patch in 2 layers and it was still leaking. They said since patching isn't working they recommended to try put a tube. I don't know much about tires but i know its a tubeless tyre so how does putting a tube in a tubeless tyre fix it? (sorry if i sounded dumb)..or is there a better way to fix?

Do this calculation first:

Price of a new tyre = Rs. X

Value of your life (+ your husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/children lives) = Rs. Y

If Rs. X is greater than Rs. Y, use a tube with your tyre

If Rs. y is greater than Rs. X, then go get a new tyre immediately

It's that simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1