• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Display of information connected with the car on the entertainment system (Vitz KSP-130)

ChandimaK

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum.

I recently bought a Vitz KSP-130 (2019). the car came with a Chinese sound system which had been installed by the car sale.

I recently saw a post on FB about certain information regarding the car being displayed on the car sound setup. But that was for an original Japanese setup.  

My question is, can the the same information be displayed in non-original sound systems as well, and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

FB_IMG_1594634957810.jpg

2 hours ago, ChandimaK said:

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum.

I recently bought a Vitz KSP-130 (2019). the car came with a Chinese sound system which had been installed by the car sale.

I recently saw a post on FB about certain information regarding the car being displayed on the car sound setup. But that was for an original Japanese setup.  

My question is, can the the same information be displayed in non-original sound systems as well, and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

FB_IMG_1594634957810.jpg

Depends on what features come with the system setup in the first place. Certain japanese systems like Eclipse and Carrozzeria which come in toyotas have inputs for Steering wheel control and other sensors, these will show the readings on the car and also allow remote controlling the system with the steering wheel buttons. Most chinese systems come with SWC but not the other inputs. Eitherway the info that is displayed is very limited and even the best aftermarket systems (there is a model in pioneer which reads RPM, engine temp etc) are very expensive and are fairly inaccurate.  

If you are interested its fairly simple to take apart the dash pannel around the 2din player in a vitz, carefully remove it without scratiching or braking the tabs, remove the 4 nuts holding the 2 din player and take a look at the back of the player for what sort of inputs and outputs are included in your wiring harness. There might be a sticker on the top or side of the unit's shell that indicates the wiring diagram for each color coded wire, this will give u an even clearer idea. 

Most of the japanses systems that came with the cars I used were just DVD players and were mainly connected only to the GPS antenna and ETC machine. Once i had one that was connected to the aircon system but was never able to find any aircon details in the 2din unit. 

In case you dont want to mess around much you can take it to A*dvance Audio or P*tco Lanka and they will take a look around. But save some cash and go DIY if you have the time and patience.