• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Advice : Land cruiser V8 URJ 202 ( 2008- 2010) Petrol

Ramsad

Hi guys,

i need to get your advise on buying a LC 200 V8 , Petrol. Am trying to get a JDM “ZX” grade vehicle. Budget is 14- 14.5 mn 

what are the model specific issues I should be aware of , and any tips for pre buying inspection. Am thinking anyway of using Car checks ( JS)

juggling between the 2008 & 2010 models. Price delta is approx 1 million, is it worth it to forgo the extra million for 24 months. 

Well...in 2009/2010 Toyota shifted from the 2UZ-FE to the 1UR-FE. So 2009/2010 onwards it got more power and more torque. So the 2010 is a bit more pleasant than the older one. Also...they moved from the 5 speed to the 6 speed (although I do like the 5 speed a little bit more the 6 speed is more pleaant for cruising). 2010 onwards they also intrduced Active Height Control and Adaptive Variable Suspension. So..mechanical improvements towards the better end of things were made in 2010.

Now...if you ar emostly stickng on roads you might not fully appreciate the hieght adjustment features and such...however, the more powerful engine would be quite convenient. If that is worth 1 mil for you or not is up to you.

Also...the ZX grade was introduced in the 2009 upgrade. So you are not going to find a JDM 2008 ZX grade LC.

Edited by iRage