• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me Guys On This Issue

Hey guys

my computer is a p4 2.5ghz,512mb ram,64mb vga card!!!

since newer games are getting hungry too much,i have given my computer to get a upgrade!!

256mb vga card is the only upgrade i purchased

is thereanything more i need to upgrade like the ram or something!!

please guys give me u suggestions !!!!

Hey guys

my computer is a p4 2.5ghz,512mb ram,64mb vga card!!!

since newer games are getting hungry too much,i have given my computer to get a upgrade!!

256mb vga card is the only upgrade i purchased

is thereanything more i need to upgrade like the ram or something!!

please guys give me u suggestions !!!!

my lil bro z an expert on this! will show this thread to him and reply to u later!

Yo Yo..

if you need to play all the best games out there, I suggest you get the colour card upgraded first.. namely a Geforce 7800 GT would do wonders but considering that we are not of the big budget type a 6800 GT would be suffice.. next comes in the RAM .. recommended type of RAM is DDR-2 with a minimum of 1 GB cuz all the latest games demand more than ever these days...

Good amount of Hard Disk space would do good too.. namely SATA Harddisks.. and also ensure that your file structure aint fragmented by contanstly defragging your system using the inbuilbt system defragger..

Basically good quality components contribute to a more efficient system.. therefore having a good quality soundcard such as Creative Audigy etc. would make the performance better..

Cheerz,

Zz

Wel.. for the best upgrade out there.. if you have got the big bux that is.. i suggest ya upgrade ya mobo to a PCI-xpress compatible 1 cuz as time goes on, the amount of AGP is definite to reduce as a marketin strategy to bring about more PCI-xpress mobo users.. there are ample poweful cards though for the AGP slot.. cheaper if you have got a buddy abroad and get it down via him else I DONOT suggest you purchase from PC House or any other retailers for that matters as most of them often overprice their colour cards at times by even 10k !!!!

You could also overclock your present CPU but you run the risk of damaging your processor/mobo incase its not done right.. so it is not the best option..

Zz

To play games at the Highest level u have to invest lots of money eg.7900GXT 512mb SLI gona cost abt 1000US$ bt still if u buy a 3ghz cpu i recomend intel and 512x2 duel channel ddr memory ( corsair is the best bt u cant find them in sri lanka so go for kingston ) and any Nvidia 7 series vga card will do the tric for u bt alyways try to buy a better card

USA PRICES

XFX PV-T71G-UDF7 GeForce 7900 GT PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card 285US$

eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT KO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video 315 US$

BT if ur goin for a AGP version motherboard go for 7800GS 256 card bt PCX is better than AGP

oh guys mine is agp not pci express

and im puttin a geforce fx card

and up gradin the ram

dont buy FX cards those r not new so u have a AGP board n i recomend to guy a 7800GS 256mb vga card and its the last best AGP card ever gona build

Edited by GihanFX

agreed... FX cards are lame.. and DONT for the the cards which has technologies such as Turbocache etc. or similiar memory sharing application cuz ultimately it draws your system memory for its purposes and reduces overall performance..

Zz

agreed... FX cards are lame.. and DONT for the the cards which has technologies such as Turbocache etc. or similiar memory sharing application cuz ultimately it draws your system memory for its purposes and reduces overall performance..

Zz

yea FX cards and 6 cards r now too old and i used Ti 4200 5500GT 5700Ultra 6200 6600GT and even the 6600GT card is nw too old

nothing fancy bout ma peripherals.. havin a freakin nvidia 6200 with no cash for a upgrade and owned a radeon 9000 edition colour card.. if you know any place where i could get a good deal for @least a nVidia 7200 or 7600 just holla back...

could get it down but the interest in games are dropping.. though FEAR (which i have but never installed to play it) is the motivating factor.. lolz..

Zz

nothing fancy bout ma peripherals.. havin a freakin nvidia 6200 with no cash for a upgrade and owned a radeon 9000 edition colour card.. if you know any place where i could get a good deal for @least a nVidia 7200 or 7600 just holla back...

could get it down but the interest in games are dropping.. though FEAR (which i have but never installed to play it) is the motivating factor.. lolz..

Zz

ya and there is a thred in autolanka abt FEAR and the Topic name is F.E.A.R there we discussed abt many new 3d cards and we posted various game pics eg fear nfs mw so check it our bro

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=829

lolz.. thanks for the linko bro.. if it interests you.. wait for the game Crysis and also an expansion pack for FEAR is released.. havent downloaded any games for a while cuz of my freakin graphics card..

Plus.. any idea about the expected prices of the PS3? The cell in it has a freakin awesome amount of processing power and a normal game for it comes to a bout like 25 Gigz.. ya could just imagine how the game would look like on a dang HD monitor....

By the way.. do you get down any cards from abroad or know anyone who does?

Zz

By the way.. do you get down any cards from abroad or know anyone who does?

Zz

Actually Graphic cards r very expensive in Singapore so our Sri Lankan shops import them and they sell those cards for a very high rate bt if u have someone living in USA tell him to buy one and send it to u . and there is a card manufacturer calld EVGA and they only sell vga cards for usa marked bt the quality is super and price is very gud

EVGA Price LIST

1. 322816

eVGA e-GeForce 6200 LE AGP 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI-I Retail $53.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. 322701

eVGA e-GeForce FX 5500 AGP 8X 256MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail ($59.88

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. 322779

eVGA e-GeForce 6200 AGP 8X 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/TV-Out Retail $63.15

4. 322780

eVGA e-GeForce 7300 LE TC PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/TV-Out Retail $64.00

5. 322770

eVGA e-GeForce 6200 TC PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/DVI-I & VGA Retail $65.25

6. 322799

eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GS PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/HDTV Support, VGA & DVI-I Retail $74.75

7. 322800

eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GS PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/HDTV Support, VGA & DVI-I Retail

$74.99

8. 322751

eVGA e-GeForce 6600 LE AGP 8X 256MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out, DVI & VGA Retail $99.90

9. 322793

eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GT PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/TV-Out Retail $99.99

10. 322812

eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GS PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/HDTV Support, VGA & DVI-I Retail $124.00

11. 322818

eVGA e-GeFore 7600 GS AGP 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/HDTV Support & DVI-I Retail $155.99

12. 322757

eVGA e-Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/TV-Out Retail $259.99

13. 322764

eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GS AGP 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/TV-Out, DVI-I & VGA Retail $269.99

14. 322819

eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT CO PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/DVI-I Retail $275.99

15. 322814

eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT KO PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/DVI-I Retail $299.99

16. 322759

eVGA e-Geforce 7300 GS PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card w/S-Video Retail $69.99

17. 322763

eVGA e-GeForce 6600 PCI Express 256MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail $94.90

18. 322796

eVGA e-GeForce 6600 AGP 256MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out Retail $112.50

19. 322794

eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GS PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card Retail $115.65

20. 322750

eVGA e-GeForce 6800 XT PCI Express 256MB DDR Video Card w/HDTV, DVI & VGA Retail $123.00

21. 322777

eVGA GeForce 7600 GS PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card Retail $135.61

22. 322771

eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT CO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card w/DVI-I Retail $165.99

23. 322786

eVGA e-Geforce 7600 GT KO PCI express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card w/HDTV Retail $169.00

24. 322782

eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card w/HDTV-Out & Dual-DVI Retail $169.99

25. 322773

eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT CO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card w/DVI-I Retail $296.25

26. 322739

eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/HDTV-Out, Dual DVI & VIVO Retail $299.99

27. 322789

eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT KO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3 Video Card w/HDTV Retail $312.00

hmmmm.. i ve got ma palz bro over there in the US but hell it aint nice gettin favours done cuz he himself is having quite a time over there.. any online stores which accepts credit cards and ships to SL? I aint big on online shopping for the simple reason.. no credit card.. lolz...

Zz