• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Charges for Steering Rack Remove and Fix

Randeewa

Question

Hi all

Yesterday i went to repair Power steering rack of a Toyota Aqua 2012 (Due to noise issue) First i went to new lathe work place to know it can be repaired guy says yes charges is Rs6500.00 for total repair (if pinion worn out it should also repaired + replace the Bush). then i went to totally new place to remove and fix the rack which was a place lathe workshop guy recommended. They remove rack just took 10 to 15 minutes using hydraulic jack and lathe workshop repaired rack within 30 minutes and the fixing again took 15 minutes. 

My problem is they charge Rs 6500.00 for only remove and fix the rack (Total cost is Rs13,000.00) and i feel i was ripped off by garage people. The last time i done this same job for Honda Fit GP1 (different places) rack repair cost was Rs2500.00+ remove fixing charges Rs.3500.00 Total Rs.6000.00 one and half year ago.

Anyone who did a Steering Rack repair recently let me know is this charges reasonable?

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet