• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tax Hike?

fuzzo

well i guess ioc and ceypetco will be even now...

From what I have heard..both Ceypetco and IOC are increasing their prices again...which means IOC prices will still be marginally higher......its a lose-lose situation for consumers anyway.... :D

I think there will be a price hike on cars next year in january. not too sure though

yes you are correct, The New regulation on Recon Cars which have to go for Quality Checks will be only implemented on 1st of JAN 2007. It will increase the recon car prices by around Rs 200,000.

This i read on papers.

:D

This was to be implemented on 1st of August, but with lot of opposition they postponed it.

IOC wants to increase prices by 7 Rupees... Anyone in for smuggling petrol? lol! jk!

yes you are correct, The New regulation on Recon Cars which have to go for Quality Checks will be only implemented on 1st of JAN 2007. It will increase the recon car prices by around Rs 200,000.

This i read on papers.

This was to be implemented on 1st of August, but with lot of opposition they postponed it.

There was also a notion or something to send inspectors there or something like that :D, so that they wont need the certificate, thus reducing it from 200,000 LKR 2 around 30,000 LKR.

This i read on papers.

there should be a natural increase of all import prices!

the rupee is overvalued at the moment!

that leads to country's foreign reserves being depleted at an unprecedented rate!

• 2 months later...

This i read on papers.

I heard a hike even in tax for brandnew with the budget 2007. can get it confirmed after thursday

I heard a hike even in tax for brandnew with the budget 2007. can get it confirmed after thursday

i just ran through the budget pdf found on dailynews.lk but couldnt find anything relating to increased taxation on motor vehicles... did any of u guys find anything?

i just ran through the budget pdf found on dailynews.lk but couldnt find anything relating to increased taxation on motor vehicles... did any of u guys find anything?

Apparently there will be a new tax of 10% of the landed cost and this wil be in addition to all existing taxes. This was clearly stated on the news yesterday...