• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Type-r

Ministry

Well guys i know its an old topic but saw some news somewhere

thought of sharring with u all

The lowdown

Hot Hondas are in the pipeline. The Civic Type-R prototype has arrived at the Nürburgring for final chassis tuning on september 3rd, while Honda has gone public with the three-door bodyshell which the Type-R will adopt. It was revealed as the Type-S, a diet Type-R, at the London motor show.

The ultimate Civic will run a revised version of the 197bhp 2.0-litre fourpot. Insiders promise that the car's dynamic abilities will live up to its predecessor's, but refinement will take a leap forward. Sales begin in March 2007, with a likely starting price around $32,000.

Revised engine – yes. WRC gearbox – maybe...

Under the bonnet is the carry over 2.0-litre VTEC engine, which continues to kick out 197bhp. But the high-revving, naturally aspirated four has been tweaked.

'The engine will get around the new Civic's increased weight by developing more torque,' the inappropriately named Mikeo Suzuki, Type-R lead programme engineer, told CAR Online. 'It also offers more driver involvement.'

While today's ultraprecise six-speed manual is almost certain to be carried over, a sequential paddleshift automatic may join it. 'It's interesting technology,' admitted Suzuki. ‘We won't rule out using such a system in the future.'

And the rest...

'We looked at the old Civic and refinement was one of the issues we had to address,' said Suzuki. Revised gearing should reduce today's buzzy engine at motorway speeds, while new tyres and suspension tweaks will cut road noise. Pin sharp steering is also a given.

Design: just like the concept

Exclusive spyshots confirm that the production car has lost none of the Type-R concept's machismo (pictured). The deep, aerodynamic chin spoiler is there kissing the tarmac, with mesh filling out the grilles. That pram-handle wing is also present and correct, although the prototype is not fitted with the concept's exaggerated 20-inch sports alloys. That's no surprise if this Type-R is meant to feel more refined.

Before Type-R comes Type-S...

Beating the Type-R to the showrooms is the three-door Type-S, which goes on sale in January 2007. The powerplants – 1.8-litre I-VTEC petrol and 2.2-litre diesel each producing 140bhp – are familiar.

But changes to the standard Civic include a 20mm wider rear track, extended skirts, 17-inch alloys and sharper damping and steering. And of course that three-door body...

hondacivicrscoop1560pxad4.jpg

hondacivicrscoop2560pxel0.jpg

hondacivicrscoop3560pxmn0.jpg

hondacivictypes2560pxdz7.jpg

hondatyperconcept1560pxsh9.jpg

Looks GOOD from all areas :P , ...but am i the only one who thinks this NEW look doesnt reflect the "mental" picture/image that one has of the brand name ' H O N D A' ???

Looks GOOD from all areas :P , ...but am i the only one who thinks this NEW look doesnt reflect the "mental" picture/image that one has of the brand name ' H O N D A' ???

Nope, I think so too. Peugeot 206 came to mind as soon as I saw this

The ultimate Civic will run a revised version of the 197bhp 2.0-litre fourpot. Insiders promise that the car's dynamic abilities will live up to its predecessor's, but refinement will take a leap forward. Sales begin in March 2007, with a likely starting price around $32,000.

Hmmmm, interesting ... Pricing bracket .... for this money u can get a 350Z .... :rolleyes: U have to wonder what they were thinking. Guess they wanna prove how brand loyal then fanatics are :angry:

Hmmmm, interesting ... Pricing bracket .... for this money u can get a 350Z .... :angry: U have to wonder what they were thinking. Guess they wanna prove how brand loyal then fanatics are :lol:

Question can u get a 350Z for that price in UK? (I guess UK prices are higher than in US and this car despite quoted in dollars is meant for UK and europe) ...

I think CTR is a good car anyway and the word fanatic is not very appropriate :rolleyes:

Edited by isurujosh

Question can u get a 350Z for that price in UK? (I guess UK prices are higher than in US and this car despite quoted in dollars is meant for UK and europe) ...

I think CTR is a good car anyway and the word fanatic is not very appropriate :rolleyes:

No idea about Euro pricing. Why would they quote a Euro price in $? They would pick a Euro or GBP for that. The Z is listed on the Nissan site as starting at $30k and going up to $35k for the 35th Anni best spec version. Well, it was when I checked it out. The Coupe version.

The CTR maybe a good car, but if it was the same price, would u rather get a Z or a CTR? The S2k is suppoed to compete with the Z, not the CTR.

Why would they quote a Euro price in $?

For understandability of the masses .... not everybody would know the exchange rate of Euro or GBP ... but dollar is more likely known to the world at large than GBP/EUR...

I think that the hatch is for europe ... how likely will the type r compete with the Si coupe in US? i think si coupe for USDM and typeR for Europe ... Japz might get both :angry:

The CTR maybe a good car, but if it was the same price, would u rather get a Z or a CTR? The S2k is suppoed to compete with the Z, not the CTR.

i never said CTR is better than Z! neither is S2000 ... i felt the "fanatic" comment was not very fair... but that's okey i know ur sentiment :rolleyes:

Well americans hate Hatchback (this is what Honda is thinking)

Type R might not be available in America said by the management of "American Honda" yesterday :(

Private Car dealers will Ship 'em it over here overnight! They'll make tons of bucks from the tuner crowd. The styling alone can justify importing this car from the Europe. I bet American Honda will be shocked at the response….maybe enough to justify building them here.

well this is the public response posted in a car mag lol

"Great.

We dont get this version ….. so screw Honda"

I want one…I mean considering the current situation in US…small cars/hatchbacks are in right now. If we can get the Fit/Jazz over here why on earth can't we have the Type R. Honda better give this one some thought

Honda better please Americans as well. American consumerism cannot be denied

New technology to be included in this model!!!

Honda's ADAS Technology for the Type R

Honda’s ground-breaking ADAS technology - combining Lane Keeping Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - combats driver fatigue and can improve driver awareness, as well as reducing the burden of motorway (or main road) driving.

Over the last decade, Honda has carried out many hundreds of thousands of miles of testing in all conditions, and is totally confident the ADAS technology will improve safety levels.

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) uses information from a millimetre-wave radar (mounted inside the front grille) to measure a safe distance to the vehicle ahead.

In addition to maintaining a set speed, as with conventional cruise control, ACC is also able to automatically regulate both the vehicle speed and its distance to the vehicle ahead travelling in the same lane, reducing the burden of motorway driving and enhancing driver comfort and safety.

Honda’s innovative Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) applies steering torque to ensure the Accord remains safely in the centre of a road lane. A tiny camera positioned near the rear-view mirror monitors the road markings and steers the car if it drifts toward the edge of a lane, thereby enhancing driver comfort and safety.

When using both or either ADAS systems, the driver remains in complete control and can override the technology at any time.

Internal Honda studies have proven the system can improve driver awareness; with ADAS switched on, the extent of the driver’s eye movement increases to cover more areas on or around the road.

These state-of-the-art driving aids are going to be available for the final Type R models.

Now the Drag racing can also be driven in a straight line looking at our opponents without worrying about the steering hahaha!!! but only in the highways with proper markings.Useless in SL except the baseline :D

Edited by Ministry

damn right datz the spirit! about 65% Honda revenue come from US and they should pay homeage US... i personally don't like the styling of the euro hatch, it needs some getting used to...

but even top gear who reviewed the new civic and were very impressed with the styling ... their only concern was "noice"! but now i hear from this artilce that Honda is going to address "refinement" too... that is good news! Honda should try to "Benchmark" toyota for refinement... toyota makes worlds most refined cars!

Edited by isurujosh

I think CTR is a good car anyway and the word fanatic is not very appropriate :D

The current Type-R is about £15.5k, So I guess the new one will be around the same, £17k max.

I don't really like the new one, it looks like an egg! And the 197bhp engine isn't powerful enough to compete with the new generation of hot hatches.

The current Type-R is about £15.5k, So I guess the new one will be around the same, £17k max.

I don't really like the new one, it looks like an egg! And the 197bhp engine isn't powerful enough to compete with the new generation of hot hatches.

exactly man the new engine lacks torque compared to itz F/A competitors(i mentioned this in my previous thread too) ... inspite of all that lot of magazines have commented in favor od civic si over golf gt turbo!

Well i still see honda type-R's beating a Stock 250Bhp Wrx's and most of their other competitors. Plus put it in a track it should be on par with most of the hatches in the market.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow man really ... dat info. made my day! ctr kick as* wrx!!! yeah despite lack of torque most magazines praise the si over itz competition! :D

on second thoughts i need to ask whether is it the stock ctr that can take on a wrx or r u rfering to a modified ctr taking down wrx?

Edited by isurujosh

Not Sure which Civic Type-R you guys are talking about. If its the Euro Type-R, then check out the top gear lap times:

1 Koenigsegg CCX (with TG spoiler) 1.17.6

2 Pagani Zonda F 1.18.4

3 Maserati MC12 1.18.9

4 Ferrari Enzo 1.19.0

5 Ariel Atom 1.19.5

6 Porsche Carrera GT 1.19.8

7 Koenigsegg CCX 1.20.4

8 Ascari KZ1 1.20.7

9 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 1.20.9

10 Ford GT 1.21.9

11 Porsche GT3 RS 1.22.3

12 Ferrari 360 CS 1.22.3

13 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 1.22.4

14 Lamborghini Murcielago 1.23.7

15 Pagani Zonda 1.23.8

16 Noble M15 1.23.9

17 Koenigsegg 1.23.9

18 Prodrive P2 1.24.3

19 TVR Sagaris 1.24.6

20 TVR Tuscan 1.24.8

21 Mitsubishi Evo FQ 400 1.24.8

22 Noble 1.25.0

23 Lotus Exige S 1.25.1

24 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder 1.25.7

25 Lamborghini Gallardo 1.25.8

26 Morgan Aero 8 GTN 1.25.9

27 BMW Z4 M 1.26.0

28 BMW M5 1.26.2

29 Porsche Cayman 1.26.2

30 Ferrari 575 GTC 1.26.8

31 Chevrolet Corvette 1.26.8

32 Mercedes-Benz CLS 55 AMG 1.26.9

33 Lotus Exige 1.26.9

34 Porsche 911 GT3 1.27.2

35 Spyker C8 1.27.3

36 TVR 350C 1.27.5

37 Wiesmann 1.27.9

38 BMW M3 CSL 1.28.0

39 Marcos TSO GT2 1.28.2

40 Dodge Viper SRT-10 1.28.5

41 MG SV 1.28.6

42 Mitsubishi Evo VIII 1.28.9

43 Porsche 911 Carrera S 1.28.9

44 Mercedes-Benz CL65 1.29

45 BMW Alpina Z8 1.29.0

46 Subaru Impreza STi WRX WR1 1.29.4

47 Alfa Romeo 3.7 GTA 1.30.0

48 Vauxhall Monaro VXR 1.30.1

49 Subaru Impreza STI 1.30.1

50 Volkswagen Golf R32 1.30.4

51 Aston Martin DB7 GT 1.30.4

52 Audi S4 1.30.9

53 Porsche 911 turbo 1.31.0

54 Vauxhall VX220 turbo 1.31.3

55 Honda NSX Type-R 1.31.6

56 BMW 535d 1.31.8

57 Mazda RX8 1.31.8

58 Nissan 350Z 1.31.8

59 BMW M3 1.31.8

60 BMW 130 1.31.9

61 Ford Focus RS 1.32.2

62 Lotus Esprit V8 1.32.5

63 Audi TT V6 1.32.7

64 Jaguar E-Type 1.32.8

65 MG ZT 1.33

66 Noble 1.33.1

67 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG 1.33.2

68 Corvette Cadillac CTS-V 1.33.3

69 Renault Clio Cup 1.33.8

70 Holden Monaro 1.33.9

71 Ford Mondeo ST220 1.34.5

72 Ford Focus ST 1.34.9

73 Volvo S60R 1.35.0

74 Vauxhall Vectra VXR 1.35.3

75 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA 1.35.6

76 Lotus Elise 1.35.6

77 Aston Martin Vanquish 1.36.2

78 Renault Clio v6 1.36.2

79 Honda Civic Type-R 1.36.5

80 Saab 95 hot aero 1.37.9

81 Mazzer 1.38.0

82 Bowler Wildcat 1.39.4

83 Bentley Arnarge 1.40.8

84 Overfinch 1.44.0

85 Aston Martin DB5 1.46.0

I don't think its as quick as you guys think it is. More than 6 seconds slower than a Sti.

But it does appear to be faster than a Golf Gti. Because the Golf isn't even on the list. And its only 0.3 seconds slower then the Aston Martin Vanquish! Which is very suprising!

Their talking about 1.6 99/00 TypeR b16b.. I was there at that drag too. Dimz car is bone stock WRX7 not Sti. Of course round a track maybe a different story..

Seen. So what do you reckon the 0-60 times of a standard 1.6 Type-R is? I thought it was around 6.9 seconds. Which is slower than a 2.0 Type-R at 6.6 seconds.

The CTR and ITR are pure track cars get hold of the best motoring vidoe called "type r legend" and you will find out. Oh yes chang your right i remember that day thivankas JDM dc5 took down the stock WRX7 and even gave the silver STI8 a good run and wasnt it last Sunday that Javid nigel and Harsha gave the EVO's a good chase all runing B series engines......

The CTR and ITR are pure track cars get hold of the best motoring vidoe called "type r legend" and you will find out. Oh yes chang your right i remember that day thivankas JDM dc5 took down the stock WRX7 and even gave the silver STI8 a good run and wasnt it last Sunday that Javid nigel and Harsha gave the EVO's a good chase all runing B series engines......

haney u guys have private drags now! would love to see... wud u mind dropping in a mail 2 us beforehand :lol:

haney u guys have private drags now! would love to see... wud u mind dropping in a mail 2 us beforehand :lol:

Last Sunday refers to events on the track at Katukurunda, not a private drag. And the DC5 vs WRX was a normal Saturday drag. I was there too. Madmax had a memorable ride back after that, eh Fuzzo? :lol:

And type-R are not big displacement monsters with turbo's strapped on. They are just N/A cars which are balanced so well. And don't forget all the B series type-R engines are hand built. Plus can u remember how Javid beat all the super cars in his SiR at Pannala.

wow honda spirit!!! amazing wot the lower displaced n/a engines can do in a well tuned car! but the newer generation ones are loosing the colors... aren't they? dropping all-double-wish-bone susp and hand built engines etc.

Last Sunday refers to events on the track at Katukurunda, not a private drag. And the DC5 vs WRX was a normal Saturday drag. I was there too. Madmax had a memorable ride back after that, eh Fuzzo? :lol:

u may share the story (if not confidential) in post-whore section :lol:

Edited by isurujosh