• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motorolla V3

Watchman

hey everyone....

yes its me again, sudenly appearing every now and then.. man the workload here has me in knee deep in _____ ......

anyway, i just wnated to ask you guys on something.. its about the Motorolla V3..a mobile network here is giving that phone away for something like Rs.5000/= on a contract that i will stay with them for 2 years (which sounds like a pretty ok deal).... but how is the camara on that phone... it says its a VGA cam.... what on earth does that mean??? as far as i knew you measure a cam by the megaPix.... is it worth going for it??

right now i am on prepaid connection and i wont exactly be saving a lot by switching to the package.. its just the phone i'll be going for....how much is this phone worth in Sri Lanka?

thanks!!

hey everyone....

yes its me again, sudenly appearing every now and then.. man the workload here has me in knee deep in _____ ......

anyway, i just wnated to ask you guys on something.. its about the Motorolla V3..a mobile network here is giving that phone away for something like Rs.5000/= on a contract that i will stay with them for 2 years (which sounds like a pretty ok deal).... but how is the camara on that phone... it says its a VGA cam.... what on earth does that mean??? as far as i knew you measure a cam by the megaPix.... is it worth going for it??

right now i am on prepaid connection and i wont exactly be saving a lot by switching to the package.. its just the phone i'll be going for....how much is this phone worth in Sri Lanka?

thanks!!

At only 13.9 mm thin, 53 mm wide (the width of a credit card) and 98 mm long, the Motorola RAZR V3 is one of the slimmest phones on the market yet still rich in functions, performance excellence and design innovation. It provides the user with a total sensory experience – from the innovative metallic finishes and use of materials to a truly revolutionary, chemically etched keypad created from a single sheet of nickel-plated copper alloy. The Motorola RAZR V3 is the ultimate, beautiful slim-phone.

Capture the World

Create high quality images with the Motorola RAZR V3’s brilliant picture capture and review. The VGA camera’s effective 4 x digital zoom and quick exposure controls delivers excellent results. Capture the world in style.

www.motorola.com link

For 5000 LKR, thats a very cheap deal, IMO Motorola's Suck!!!

Well my experiences with the V3 has been pretty good, its a bit old now, but fairly reliable, good cam, but best of all great battery life, and quite thin

I don't know if there is an issue with them with the climate in SL cos in the UK they seem to work ok, don't know how things are in singapore though Dilesh,

The Don

motorolaz battery life is exceptional as far as i know man.. the V3 is a COOL looking phone but it sucks in features.. and though the keypad looks woofah the effectiveness is lacking as the feel of the button is a bit hard.. i prefer to feel the button before pressing it.. does NOT have good software support and camera is OK..

check out the N73 if you are high budgeted.. awesome phone.. bout like 50-60k odd...

Zz

thanks for all the coments and advice guys!

i have opted not to go for the package with the V3.. for one, aparently a VGA camera is only about 0.5M.pixles, which isnt much in camara standards...and like you guys said, the keypad does look a bit too fragile.. and aparently the offer is for the Motorolla V3.. and the better one is suposed to be the V3i.. though i have no idea what the 'i' has cos they look exactly the same:D

so its going to be my trusty nokia 3315 till i find a phone that can outdo it in durability... speakig of which, few weeks ago we had this sports day where we played all sorts of games and stuff (including some contact sports) and at the end of the day i realized that i had been having my phone in my pocket all along... when i took it out the screen was faded (like when a battery is low on a watch) and i thought that was it... but when i shook it a bit it would brighten up and dim again.. then i banged it on the table 4 times and WHALAAA!! it worked perfecly again.. and a couple of nights ago we were pulling pranks and the phone got soaked with water.. there was even moisture building on the underside of the screen so i took the casing off and let is dry till morning and it works great.. for a phone thats been used for over 4 years its holding out VERY well...

anyway thanks for the help guys.

and i know its silly, but i font see it as a justifiable expense to spend anything more than Rs.5000 on a new phone.. so the fancy new Nokia 'N's are out (unless someone gifts me one.. btw, my birthday is in march :alc: )

Bharath - I'm in Singapore right now, doing a degree in Comp. Engineering.

:alc:

Edited by Dilesh

Good thing you didn't go for it. I bought one 2 months ago and it has been absolutely horrible. The motorola user interface is probably the worst you could find, and its not a reliable phone at all. Mine actually just died on me 2 weeks ago while I was in Sri Lanka....it just died, and apparently the software needs to be reloaded onto it. So now I need to send it to Motorola myself to have them do that as the shop that sold it to me can be held accountable for only 30 days since purchase.

The camera really is absolutely horrible too. I think the V3i comes with a better camera and more features, as do some of the other newer versions of the V3, but I don't think they could be much better than the old version.

Good job on your decision!

Good thing you didn't go for it. I bought one 2 months ago and it has been absolutely horrible. The motorola user interface is probably the worst you could find, and its not a reliable phone at all. Mine actually just died on me 2 weeks ago while I was in Sri Lanka....it just died, and apparently the software needs to be reloaded onto it. So now I need to send it to Motorola myself to have them do that as the shop that sold it to me can be held accountable for only 30 days since purchase.

The camera really is absolutely horrible too. I think the V3i comes with a better camera and more features, as do some of the other newer versions of the V3, but I don't think they could be much better than the old version.

Good job on your decision!

I just got the V3i and no compalints so far; not even with the keypad. Its just different to what I'm used to.

The main difference between the V3 and the V3i:

The V3i has a 1.23 megapixel camera and has an integrated MP3 player that stores the MP3 files on a microSD card. The phone comes with stereo headphones which double as a handsfree set.

So far loving : the MP3 player, integrated bluetooth and the aluminium outer case.

So far hating: what I paid for it

Edited by tuk tuk