• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Digital Odometer Adjustments

harshansenadhir

Hi all,

does anyone know a viable place to make some adjustments to the digital odometer of a new mitsubishi lancer ?

Thanks in advance

my neighbor (in office) knows such a person but he doesn't do it as business.

If he agrees to do the job! i shall return to you with his phone number!

my neighbor (in office) knows such a person but he doesn't do it as business.

If he agrees to do the job! i shall return to you with his phone number!

Thanks again josh.. and this means he doesn't charge anything or he doesn't do it very often? anyway my requirement is to adjust it frequently lets say once a month? its ok to pay him the wages ..

Hi Isuru,

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread, I have a question which is related but not exactly the same as the topic being discussed.

When I got my Mirage, it already had a set of after market alloys which was there when the car was imported from Japan with 14" rims (I bought it from the first owner of the car 13 years old only 2 owners in SL). Its been done properly with a camber adjustment kit fitted so that the wheels pretty much have been adjusted so they stay flat on the ground.

Now I have a set of 15" rims I want to put on it, and can't even decide what tyre profile to put, since I don't know

A. What the original tyre size and rim size for the car was.

B. If the speedo was re calliberated to suite the new rims if that was necessary. I mean the owner in japan might very well have chosen the tyre profile so as the speedo does not need further caliberation.

You just said you know somebody who could make adjustments to a digital odometer.

Would you know somebody who can make adjustments or caliberate an analogue speedometer (I think its analogue and cable operated anyway). Or would somebody else please advise me what to do so my speedometer does not go out of synchro when I put the new rims on.

I have noticed that on another thread the calculations for finding out the profer profile when changing rim sizes has been posted, but my problem is I do not know the original rim size to begin with. I think mirages come with 13" wheels but I don't know the tyre profile, and I don't know if that applies to the grading of my Mirage since it is a JDM (ASTI Z by the way is the highest grading the Mirages of my generation came with so I don't even know if larger rims were optional but certainly the set that is on now is aftermarket).

If anybody is interested the Car is a 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage ASTI Z Coupe'

thanks in advance,

The Don

Thanks again josh.. and this means he doesn't charge anything or he doesn't do it very often? anyway my requirement is to adjust it frequently lets say once a month? its ok to pay him the wages ..

sorry dude he is reluctant to be at a stranger's service :D

anyway he told that the software that they use is "PonyProg" which is freely downloadable I guess! ... if u r a bit technical u'd now what is "PonyProg" ... datz all i can say ... perhaps some other member could help u! :lol:

You just said you know somebody who could make adjustments to a digital odometer.

Would you know somebody who can make adjustments or caliberate an analogue speedometer (I think its analogue and cable operated anyway). Or would somebody else please advise me what to do so my speedometer does not go out of synchro when I put the new rims on.

hi Don!

As you by now... that person is not available! but if i get to know something! i shall contact you ;)

Hi Gunat,

Have tried that, nothing over there, also this might be a silly question to ask, but how do you determine what profile suites your rim, I mean I have a general idea of the default profile used with the set of rims I have got because it came from a Lancer OZ Rally Edition but lets say you have got yourself a set of rims with nothing written on them, how do you determine what tyres to get for them ?

The Don

Hi Don

Thing about rims is that, theoretically any rim will fit- but there is also the dependency of the width of the rim (so that it does not rub the inner fender).

Most upsized rims come in 6.5" to 7"- the tyre bible calculator takes that to account (you must read the whole document).

Tyre profiles must essentially fit the rim so that the rolling radius of the wheel does not change, thereby not messing up your speedometer/odometer.

So if you have say, 14" wheels right now, you have to figure out the tyre width/profile combo for a 15" upgrade that would be consistent with the 14" rolling radius ratio. So best thing to do is to play around with the calculater to figure out whats right...

Edited by gunat

Since i am not in the country my request is a bit irrelevent at the moment so I would probably open another thread specifically for my problem nearer to my time of arrival i guess,

thanks for you help isuru

The Don

Hi Don,

perhaps u can fetch something if u re-visit this thread http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...ic=2357&hl=