• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Civic

Duncan

Had the opportunity of driving a new Civic for a couple of days. Not sure if the new model is available in SL, it is said to be mainly for the European and African market.

Basically it is another econobox, but I love what they have done with the car. Cars in this segment are usually boring, mum's shcool run taxis. Well thats what they are more meant to be. But the Honda boys have gone beyond convention and turned out a stunner. Both inside and outside.

For the first time driving a near bottom end car, I actually did not want to part with it. Not so much on power or handling. But it feels great to live with and live in.

civicsf7.jpg

civicbi2.jpg

civicbi2.jpg

*mod edit : helping with the images

Edited by Pericles

I've seen the pics only of the new hatch. And that car looks good in a space age funky kind of way. But the sedan looks hedeous with it's wide front and narrow looking rear. Why the hell did they have to change it so much.

Anyway I think it will look dated very fast. I've heard the interior is nice tho.

The price in SL is high coz it's a 1.8 and not a 1.5 like the Corrolla and Maz 3. But yeah it's still overpriced, like every other car in SL :lol: .

of course we have it. Its the most over priced brand new sedan now in Sri Laka. While a Corrola goes for max 3.475/= mil this goes max 5.2mil

your statement is 50% wrong! Duncan was refering to the Euro-Afro "hatch" ... i don't think we have the 8th generation "hatch" in SL ... what we have is the "thai" (similar to JDM) "sedan" ...

when it was release in SL (some months back) there were 3-4 price brackets ...

1) 1.8L (so called fully loaded) M/T: 4.7mn + (approximately)

2) 1.8L (so called fully loaded) A/T: 4.8mn + (approximately)

3) 1.8L (fully loaded with sun roof) A/T: 5.1mn + (approximately)

4) 2.0L (155hp) one: 5.9mn (no one in SL has orderred this kind of car as yet i guess)

Thanks for that Pericles.

Hola - why so expensive?

1) Tax bracket (1.8L)

2) i think agent's (stafford) keep a rather high mar-up

3) agents import the so-called fully loaded models... each of the options/accessories add extra tax

bdw this is not the car with the mos inflated price tag ... european premium brands go at even more insane prices ...

Basically it is another econobox, but I love what they have done with the car.

there are other things you need to know about 8th generation civics ... much attributable to Honda's "go-mainstream" policy :D

1) the car has no rear double wish bone (only the sedan, type r hacth and the coupe has it)

2) suspension tuning is softer, so the new car is not as agile as the previous generation (applicable to sedan)

3) the 8th generation has some extremly good crash rating ... but heck what, the new cars are heavy monsters compared to light civics of good old days ;)

4) the pinnacle of 8th generation civic ... the Si coupe killed the ledgendary "Integra" nameplate :lol:

5) during the past decade or so every new generation civic won the prestigious "japanese car of the year" award ... but i think this 8th generation didn't make it this time B)

Edited by isurujosh

your statement is 50% wrong! Duncan was refering to the Euro-Afro "hatch" ... i don't think we have the 8th generation "hatch" in SL ... what we have is the "thai" (similar to JDM) "sedan" ...

sorry the image didnt properly display yesterday

Thanks for that Pericles.

Hola - why so expensive?

tax tax and more hikes expected in 2006 January