• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Anti Hijacking Central Lock Problem

sanjeev

my nissan n16 year of manufac.2001 ,with automatic transmission.my car usually locks

all the doors automatically when i press the brake pedal.(some people call this anti-hijack system)

from the lastweek it dosen't works but central locking system works as usual is this regarding some sensor

or central locking system failure? if anyone can help me :D Thanks!

Hi Sanjeev,

Most probably the sensor connected to the brake paddle has gone bust, don't know enough about the circuitry to give you a proper answer, but i asume remote locking and unlocking via the remote still works, so fingers crossed its just the sensor,

if remote unlocking doesnt work as well it could be something like the control unit of your security system,

But my hunch is the sensor (which may be a simple push down type switch which operates the break lights as well) thats got jammed, because this particular feature is on older Sunny's like the FB14 as well which does not have a security system,

The Don

??!! This systems locks the doors once you brake and open the locks once released? Is that what this system is? As Don said.. the sensors.. i ve got issues about mine too.. you can bang a CTB bus onto it and stil the alarm wouldnt go.. kick the tires and wolah... sirenz.. lmao..

Zz

my nissan n16 year of manufac.2001 ,with automatic transmission.my car usually locks

all the doors automatically when i press the brake pedal.(some people call this anti-hijack system)

from the lastweek it dosen't works but central locking system works as usual is this regarding some sensor

Hi,

Nissans usually have a speed sensitive central locking mechanism where the doors lock automatically when you touch 20 km/h.

I guess your car is fitted with an aftermarket alarm kit. These usually have a sensor input connected to the Handbrake so that from standstill, when you release the handbrake the doors get locked, and when you switch off the engine and pull the handbrake they doors get un-locked. Usually the sensor is wired to the Handbrake light on the dashboard.

Some guys get is wrong and wire it to the cars Brake light and the doors get locked the moment you press the brake pedal. (then usually it doesn't get unlocked again when you stop the car)

Your problem I guess is that the wire has got disconnected. Best to get it checked by someone who installs alarms.

I had the same problem some time back. Re-setting the system worked.

I also have a same kind of system. Once u starts the engine and for the 1st brake it locks the system. When you switch off the ignition it automatically unlocks. As Madmax said, most probably re-setting of the system will work; otherwise take it to an aftermarket alarm installation place. U could try Sun***** at baseline road.

Edited by ash