• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Prices Down! 9/28

Hola

do they tax petrol??!!!! i thought they subsidize it?

Zz

they tax for the import of fuel or oil or whtever and then they subsidize it as well. over that they keep crying at wht a loss they are running at. WAIVE OFF THE FREAKING TAX! THAT WAY THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY SUBSIDY AND RUN AT A DAMN LOSS LIKE THEY 'CLAIM'

mutts......

I don't think this is going to make much of a difference. We only get a marginal advantage. I mean on a 40ltr fill up you only get a deducion of 80/- bucks. For an average car user that will work out to possibly between 300/- to 400/- bucks of savings a month! Nothing really in it at least in the short term :-( the increases have been way too BIG & FREQUENT to make this look good at all! I don't think they will come down on prices further as there is pressure from IOC since they are looking at going in with a fresh agreement with the govt. that carries out a 'no subsidy' policy.

Taxing is quiet all right if the goverment is using that money for a worthy cause, do we have proper roads which are smooth and tidy? The Tax money is used to buy big cars for the ministers ad luxuries. Now can here "Amen to that" people?

Your right Hola......I don't think anyone has issues with taxing...it's just that we don't see any direct benefits flowing out to the tax paying puiblic! Add to that the public works departments in this country are so corrupt that even if they do get the necessary funds they will not do a proper job.....I think guys working in Govt. Service should also have their performance measured or face penalties or even expulsion for not measuring up.

the weirdest part is that no matter how high the fuel prices are... SL z getting more vehicles on its street every year.. are people gettin richer?? i dnt feel it.. lolz..

Zz

So true!! I often wonder about that myself. I mean where is all this money coming from? If we are geting richer I aint feeling it either??? <_<

well actually we are getting richer..but just not by choice. we have to get richer whether we like it or not. with the rising cost of everything (except for computer stuff) we have to have more income or we wont be able to continue our lifestyles.

Radio news says petrol reduced a further 2.00 and diesel 2.50. Just to keep this discussion centered :lol: Apparently the finance ministry has gone to great pains to point out that this is the second reduction in 9 days... :alc:

hence the sudden downpour today...

hence the sudden downpour today...

I hope thats not the bitter words of a man who filled up before the reduction :alc: My dad has filled up yesterday too :lol:

Tho I know one guy who'll be sorry. Drives a red BM :( Hey, Bro, give us some advance warning next time!

I hope thats not the bitter words of a man who filled up before the reduction :alc: My dad has filled up yesterday too :lol:

Tho I know one guy who'll be sorry. Drives a red BM :( Hey, Bro, give us some advance warning next time!

full tank days are gone inspite of recurring fuel crises... can't afford to fork out that much dosh in an instant... 67 litres is no joke!

itz true man.. petrol COULD be offered at that price but i do wonder why this taxation n agony... i heard that they tax the import of crude oil.. do they do it in combo with the taxing of petrol?

anyways.. any reduction of price is breathe of relief to me... me outta cash!! sniff.. :alc:

Zz