• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - China

Overdrive

Did any of you guys watch the Chinese Formula 1?

Where can I start..

Very disappointing for Alonso despite having a brilliant run on the wet , bad move with the worn tyre replacement, Well these things happens. That last pit stop was the cherry on top...daim! given another extra 7 or 8 laps the outcome would have been different I would imagine. He was gaining 1+ seconds every lap to schumi. Good points for constructors championship title for Renault with fisci on 3rd. just ahead by 1 point over Ferrari.

Michael had a good run? lucky ..hmmm, never seen the man to be s thrilled after a race win!

Duncan you must be very pleased!! points are tallied now. pilla not much luck mate, just 1 point for Williams?

Disappointing for raikkonen again. What is Alonso getting him self into next year.

Honda fans JB came 4th, car looks not so cool now..don't like the new paint job.

Hamilton in the hot seat next race for Mclaren?? what do you think?

Edited by Overdrive

he he thats the longest face I've seen on Alonso ever! He even managed to drop the bottle of champagne- which really summed up a rotten race for him.. MS even rubbed it in at the press conference saying that he was taking it easy on the last few laps- easing he's way to finish.

An excellent race.. There was no way alonso would have taken shumi as it was quite obvious that shumi was taking it easy towards the latter stages, if not the way that ferrari is going he would have matched alonso for pace and not let the gap close..

Love him or hate him, you have to admit Schumi is in a class of his own.

The Bridgestones were a disaster on quali with non of their runners making it to the top 10, yet despite the odds MS managed a 6th grid position and then held it together from the start.

I really don't see why the man should retire.

. That last pit stop was the cherry on top...daim! given another extra 7 or 8 laps the outcome would have been different I would imagine. He was gaining 1+ seconds every lap to schumi.

Schuey was cruising of course. Why should he risk stressing the engine out with that kind of gap. The commentators always try to make it look clos just to excite things a bit.

Where can I start..

Very disappointing for Alonso despite having a brilliant run on the wet , bad move with the worn tyre replacement, Well these things happens. That last pit stop was the cherry on top...daim! given another extra 7 or 8 laps the outcome would have been different I would imagine. He was gaining 1+ seconds every lap to schumi. Good points for constructors championship title for Renault with fisci on 3rd. just ahead by 1 point over Ferrari.

Michael had a good run? lucky ..hmmm, never seen the man to be s thrilled after a race win!

Duncan you must be very pleased!! points are tallied now. pilla not much luck mate, just 1 point for Williams?

Disappointing for raikkonen again. What is Alonso getting him self into next year.

Honda fans JB came 4th, car looks not so cool now..don't like the new paint job.

Hamilton in the hot seat next race for Mclaren?? what do you think?

Alonso is getting into lots of pole positions and lots of DNFs just like Kimi's been doing I guess :P

Yep the Honda looked good in white. This green and white looks crap.

I think they're bringing Hamilton in too early. Just like Nico he'll be very quick but unable to deliver the results. That will probably do more damage than good. I think the steps should be staggered and gradual. F1 is so intense.

Love him or hate him, you have to admit Schumi is in a class of his own.

The Bridgestones were a disaster on quali with non of their runners making it to the top 10, yet despite the odds MS managed a 6th grid position and then held it together from the start.

I really don't see why the man should retire.

Totally agree with your first two paragraphs

Well it's good to quit at the top. He's has nothing more to prove. If he wins this year it will be 8 world titles. We are very unlikely to see anyone come close to that. (in our lifetime at least).

The closest rival is Juan Manuel Fangio with 5 world titles.

And the young guys need a chance........... :)

yeah you are right.

I am certainly going to miss him though. I have watched him from the time he got into F1. Sad indeed!

Hi All,

I am a Schumacher fan like Duncan is, though I think this is the time for Schumacher to go because he is going out in a high, 30 years from now when he reflects on his career (and he is a ripe old man) it would be his last days he would remember the best, and somebody like him doesnt deserve to go out on a low.

I mean see what happened to Ali when he decided to box well beyond his time,

Bridgestones seem to be crap on the wet, and certainly seems to be a harder compound than the Michelins and their inters are no better meaning the only thing good about them is that they will last longer and this is contrary to previous years when Brdigestones revelled in the wet.

But Brdigestones certainly seem to be better in the dry,

So it seems the final F1 result would probably be decided on whether the last race would be on wet or dry conditions,

The Don

Hi All,

But Brdigestones certainly seem to be better in the dry,

So it seems the final F1 result would probably be decided on whether the last race would be on wet or dry conditions,

The Don

Not really. If it rains, regardless of tyres MS will win.. Alonso aint got the b*lls or the skill to take down MS in the rain. MS at this point seems the favorite for the championship.. I think he was more wins than Alonso as well- so a tie would not do for him.

Hi All,

I mean see what happened to Ali when he decided to box well beyond his time,

The Don

Not to mention the great A. Ranatunga who overstayed and left on the way down :action-smiley-060: . If only he quit at the top..........

Not really. If it rains, regardless of tyres MS will win.. Alonso aint got the b*lls or the skill to take down MS in the rain. MS at this point seems the favorite for the championship.. I think he was more wins than Alonso as well- so a tie would not do for him.

If you watched the China qualifying you wouldn't say that. The Bridgestones were simply useless and even a ball-less poof could have done reasonably well with Michelins over them.

The Ferraris (and all the other Brindgestone shod cars) were understeering like crazy.

Only MS because he's MS managed to qualify 6th. But look at the time difference! It was not small.

I think ALonso is a great driver eventhough I may not like him for some reason. You have to consider that MS has be kept behind quite a few times by Alonso last season and this.

And MS is showing his age. Quite a few mistakes last season and this.

But MS is more versatile and is thinking and planning ahead all the time. That's what really seals the race for him, plus when it really matters he'll put in some blinding laps.

Yes it's tied............so if MS wins the next race (Japan next week) and Alonso crashes. Michael gets his 8th title even if Alonso wins in Brazil and Michael crashes out. But of course if both don't crash in either race, it's the highest points scorer unless from both getting equal points.

Anyway.................It's a great season that looks like it'll finish on a climax!

Alonso is a great driver, he is consistent and very talented,

But nobody who has seen MS driving would claim he is showing his age,

I think at 37 MS himself realises there is more to life than just motorsport, and remember it is still a very dangerous sport, and i am sure he wants to stick arround to enjoy the finer things in life

The tyre situation ironically played into the hands of the bridgestones because the harder compound meant as the track dried up the Michelin wets and inters started wearing off faster while the Bridgestones started becoming faster and lasted longer limiting pit stops.

The Don