• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Volkswagen Tiguan 2015

Hello experts,

I'm planning to sell my Honda car and purchase a Volkswagen Tiguan 2015 4motion.

I have very little knowledge in German vehicle hence would appreciate any feedback about this vehicle.

Also I'm planning purchase this from a diplomatic mission and they have purchased it duty free for 4million in 2015. 

What would be the tax amount i have to settle?

19 hours ago, Lahiru Dilshan Balasuriya said:

Its the diesel version.

Nice!

Look for the service history, If I am not mistaken 2015 fitted with the 7 speed DSG box, not the 6 speed. 7 Speed is a dry clutch. Look for any noises when it's downshifting. It is normally very smooth and no shudders.

When you starting from a flat ground your dashboard gear indicator will show you it is starting from the 2nd gear which is normal for Diesel Tig's but make sure to change all the gears using the Tiptronic option, don't forget to test the reverse too.

Look for the service records, Look for cambelt replacement and the most important service is the Haldex unit oil change. I am sure it has to be done every 40k service.

Check the auto hold option works as it should and the electronic parking brake system operates as it should (Try to operate multiple times)

The last thing, check for the tailpipe, it has to be clean inside, if it is clean that indicates us the DPF works well if you see a lot of black ash inside the tailpipe better to take the car to a reputed tech and check how much DPF clogged with ash.

You can open the tailgate and look for the spare wheel, on your left-hand side you will see a white sticker, take a photo of that, that should tell you a lot of details about your car and this is something common for VW's

regards,

JC

4 minutes ago, john cooper said:

Nice!

Look for the service history, If I am not mistaken 2015 fitted with the 7 speed DSG box, not the 6 speed. 7 Speed is a dry clutch. Look for any noises when it's downshifting. It is normally very smooth and no shudders.

When you starting from a flat ground your dashboard gear indicator will show you it is starting from the 2nd gear which is normal for Diesel Tig's but make sure to change all the gears using the Tiptronic option, don't forget to test the reverse too.

Look for the service records, Look for cambelt replacement and the most important service is the Haldex unit oil change. I am sure it has to be done every 40k service.

Check the auto hold option works as it should and the electronic parking brake system operates as it should (Try to operate multiple times)

The last thing, check for the tailpipe, it has to be clean inside, if it is clean that indicates us the DPF works well if you see a lot of black ash inside the tailpipe better to take the car to a reputed tech and check how much DPF clogged with ash.

You can open the tailgate and look for the spare wheel, on your left-hand side you will see a white sticker, take a photo of that, that should tell you a lot of details about your car and this is something common for VW's

regards,

JC

Thank you very much.

Duty will be very steep as the car is less than 10 years old.

It may be not worth at cost + duty

Please get documentary evidence on the duty to be paid before you jump.

Or better still you quote for price + duty and let them pay the duty and transfer the vehicle to you.

Good luck