• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

F1 Champion 2006-vote

miniace

F1 champion 2006  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Drivers Champion 2006

• Shumy
    • Alonso
  2. 2. Constructors title 2006

• Ferrari
    • Renault

no one can win everyday.

if they do its boring for the spectators.

just my view

:unsure:

Well said machan..........although it's turning out to be a nail biter between Schumi and Alonso this season I think it would be great to see someone else win the Championship for a change! This maybe outta line but when do you guys think the Indian boy will get a fronline run? Do you all think he will ever get a chance??? If so when do you think he will enter the big bad & fierce world of F1?? Anyone care to comment??

Alonso is good but he's no way near Schumi.

Blazin, tell me why you say that?

My money is on Alonso winning the championship this year. But who knows?

you should not underestimate one's potential. Alonso still has many years of racing left in him. He has just begun his career! he just started racing for F1 in 2001. If i'm not mistaken shumi was 25 when he won his 1st championship in 1994. Alonso, 24 when he won his first chamionship in 2005. So lets not jump into conclusions shall we?? High time new blood came in to the scene as velocity says.

The only way to settle this is to see how long it takes alonso to get to his 7th championships. It's taken shumi 14 years (Jordan-Ford/Benetton-Ford 1991 to Scuderia Ferrari 2004)....we'll wait and see :unsure:

As to karthigesan, (hope i got it right) doubt he will have any chance of coming back, there are so many other drivers who are in hot form waiting in line now..

Edited by Overdrive

MS for sure!!

Alonso needs to mature up first. He is now blaming his own team for his misfortunes stating that some members of his team does not want him to take #1 to McLaren.

It might be boring to see one winner often, but the point is no other team or driver can match Ferrari and MS. MS's announcement of retiring has sold out the next few races, this speaks a lot about what the majority like to see.

MS for sure!!

Alonso needs to mature up first. He is now blaming his own team for his misfortunes stating that some members of his team does not want him to take #1 to McLaren.

It might be boring to see one winner often, but the point is no other team or driver can match Ferrari and MS. MS's announcement of retiring has sold out the next few races, this speaks a lot about what the majority like to see.

True!! MS retiring has sold the remaining races easily but I say that it is the trend when anything good goes out. Just imagine Coke saying they will not manufacture THE COLA OF THE WORLD with effect from next year? Everyone who can't do wihout a Coke will be lining up to buy up the remaining stocks.......... <_< but hey life will go on and soon there will be another smacking Cola to fill the vacuum.........same with MS...someone will fill the vacuum OR maybe it will take a coupla guys to fill the gap but believe me it will be filled. That is the nature of everything.............no one is indispensable! WE all live in and witness various cycles in life!! B)

There was one driver whom I had respect for and that he was the only one that gave Schumaker a run for his money.. cant remember his name though.. I think itz A. Sennar .. He passed away due to a track accident but al the races were tensed up due to the fact that he always manages to keep up with MS... not sure whether he has beaten MS though.. sad scene that he got killed d :alc:

Zz

you should not underestimate one's potential. Alonso still has many years of racing left in him. He has just begun his career! he just started racing for F1 in 2001. If i'm not mistaken shumi was 25 when he won his 1st championship in 1994. Alonso, 24 when he won his first chamionship in 2005. So lets not jump into conclusions shall we?? High time new blood came in to the scene as velocity says.

The only way to settle this is to see how long it takes alonso to get to his 7th championships. It's taken shumi 14 years (Jordan-Ford/Benetton-Ford 1991 to Scuderia Ferrari 2004)....we'll wait and see :alc:

As to karthigesan, (hope i got it right) doubt he will have any chance of coming back, there are so many other drivers who are in hot form waiting in line now..

Just from the last race you saw how good MS is. He qualified in 6th place with crap Bridgestone wet wheather tyres when the next Bridgestone was Massa at 13th. Clearly the Renault has more pace over the Ferrari, but its schumi's driving that wins him races.

Just from the last race you saw how good MS is. He qualified in 6th place with crap Bridgestone wet wheather tyres when the next Bridgestone was Massa at 13th. Clearly the Renault has more pace over the Ferrari, but its schumi's driving that wins him races.

After 16 years of F1 racing its the least expected from him. You have to take into consideration clearly the 20 second pit stop fumble and the worn tyre change by Renault pit crew is what gave michael the chance to win. :alc:

Well said machan..........although it's turning out to be a nail biter between Schumi and Alonso this season I think it would be great to see someone else win the Championship for a change! This maybe outta line but when do you guys think the Indian boy will get a fronline run? Do you all think he will ever get a chance??? If so when do you think he will enter the big bad & fierce world of F1?? Anyone care to comment??

Which Indian guy?? The last guy Kathikeyan wasn't that great. It was simply sponsorship money from Tata group that brought him there (The financially ailing Jordan team - which became the Midland team and now again has become the Spyker team). There were more competent drivers in F3 and Formula Renault etc.

There was one driver whom I had respect for and that he was the only one that gave Schumaker a run for his money.. cant remember his name though.. I think itz A. Sennar .. He passed away due to a track accident but al the races were tensed up due to the fact that he always manages to keep up with MS... not sure whether he has beaten MS though.. sad scene that he got killed d :(

Zz

Excuse me! "Gave Schumarcher a run for his money"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"but al the races were tensed up due to the fact that he always manages to keep up with MS..." On what planet have you been following F1 mate??????????????????? ;):blink::blink:

Are you crazy?

Just to refresh your memory:

Senna was the dominant driver in the late 80s and very early 90s. He won 03 world championships all with Mclaren. (Engines were Ford, Honda and TAG-Porsche)

Yes he was an exceptionally talented driver. But a very nasty one too. He's the first driver to start unsporty driving like MS did in the early years - knocking out your opponent when your at the end of the season and leading. He even did this to his team mate Alain Prost one year. BTW Alain Prost won the championship 04 times and was a thinking driver and a nice guy unlike the arrogant Senna.

Even though he was an extra-ordinary driver he was more a hot headed flat out guy rather than a strategist like Prost.

Anyway after winging and complaining like a kid all year about the lack of power in the Mclaren he finally switched to Williams Renault in 94 which was the number one team by then.

Young MS was in a Benetton Ford. The Ford engine was no match for the Renault on horsepower. And the Williams chassis was the best while the Bennetton was merely average. But all of a sudden Senna was out-classed by Shumy. At almost every race, before San Marino MS would out qualify and finish higher than Senna. Then the crash at San Marino and Ayrton sadly died.

And then this new hero worship got a huge kick up its....., obviously since he died.

I'm not trying to be rude and bash him. But I think lots of ppl have over rated him.

As MS has proved for many years now. It's no point being ONLY quick. YOu have to think and stratergise the whole race. YOu need to know when not to over do it, saving your fuel and tires for a few laps longer. These together with his fantastic pace are the things that have won him 7 titles and counting....

For some reason MS is not a likable charachter Maybe it was his dirty play in the early 90s when he knocked out Damon Hill and tried the same on Jacques Vill. Perhaps if he crashes and dies the world will look at him different? But all in all there has not been a greater driver than him. And it's likely we will not see one as great in our life time.

The only way to settle this is to see how long it takes alonso to get to his 7th championships. It's taken shumi 14 years (Jordan-Ford/Benetton-Ford 1991 to Scuderia Ferrari 2004)....we'll wait and see :)

Overdrive, I Agree with your first para! Alonso is the best opponent Shuey has had since Mika Hakkinen....And the title chase is wide open any one of them can win. So interesting.

However dude I think if you're going to wait for Alonso to win 7 championships, you are going to have a long wait and a dissapointing ending. No one has won 7 except Shuey. And the next best was 5 by Juan Manuel Fangio in the 50s!!!

There was one driver whom I had respect for and that he was the only one that gave Schumaker a run for his money.. cant remember his name though.. I think itz A. Sennar .. He passed away due to a track accident but al the races were tensed up due to the fact that he always manages to keep up with MS... not sure whether he has beaten MS though.. sad scene that he got killed d :(

Zz

:D:lol::lol::lol: silly post- you have no idea what your talking about lol

heehee.. nah man.. i just remember myself being a fan of him when i used to watch F1 and thats way back when i was a kid.. so he outta be overated yeah... not really sure though whether he was the perfect driver as i mentioned but i really enjoyed him racing more than MS... and seeing his accident was not any easier..

i aint a F1 fan now.. just that earlier days i fanced really fast vehicles and was a bit into it.. i dont knw why i didnt like MS though.. so forgive my knowledge :-) but thanks for the history GTAm! No more a fan of F1 now lolz.. but it sure helpz to know that my view of Sennar was kinda incorrect in a way...

@ pila - laugh ya ass out bro... lolz.. ;-) i agree that i didnt know what i was postin.. but stil somehow sennar remains to me a better driver at that time.. i stil dont know why!!! hehe....

Zz

Well I remember the day Senna died- watched it live on tv. Sh*t- he and my all time favorite team Williams sponsored in in sexy Rothmans colors :D He moved his head a bit after the crash and we all thought he's ok. Then a few hours later on bbc we heard he'd passed.

We never really got to see many MS and Senna battles

Edited by Pilawoos

• 3 weeks later...

dude thats an F1 car with a mechanical gear shifts- Its aint just MS lol

Of course Duh! The fact that it was Schumacher in that clip was just pure coincidence. (Oh and by the way that'd be an electronic shifter actually... :jumping-smiley-013: )

You missed my point. The reason I posted the clip was 'cos I was blown away by how incrediably fast those shifts were. I knew the F1 gear shifts were fast, but never realized how darn fast they were until I listened to the clip.

Apparently it takes only 20-40 milliseconds to shift up or down, which if you think about it, means that by the time you finish shoving your fingers forward to shift; the car has completed its shift and is already delivering power to the wheels.

Incrediable.

Of course Duh! The fact that it was Schumacher in that clip was just pure coincidence. (Oh and by the way that'd be an electronic shifter actually... :jumping-smiley-013: )

You missed my point. The reason I posted the clip was 'cos I was blown away by how incrediably fast those shifts were. I knew the F1 gear shifts were fast, but never realized how darn fast they were until I listened to the clip.

Apparently it takes only 20-40 milliseconds to shift up or down, which if you think about it, means that by the time you finish shoving your fingers forward to shift; the car has completed its shift and is already delivering power to the wheels.

Incrediable.

lol tuks I know what it is.. been following f1 since I was 11 or 12.

Incredible it is.. but when you think how far road car gear boxes have evolved..