• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

First Car

Ripper

Hey All

Forgot my password and was out from the site for months... <_<

i'm moving away from biker life from NSR's to CBR's to XR's to a 4 wheel...

Even at only 29 speed falls hurts a bit more than they used to ;)

My budget is about 1.5-2mil.. I like what i've heard about civics so with all my honda experiences i think it'll be very reliable etc. etc.

Need some info on civics...what model should be looking out for with my budget?

The fuel economy? things to look out for on recons or even used?

My bike purchases have taught me good lessons but a little too late so any tips will help B)

cheers

RiPpEr

Hey All

Forgot my password and was out from the site for months... :alc:

Even at only 29 speed falls hurts a bit more than they used to :P

My budget is about 1.5-2mil.. I like what i've heard about civics so with all my honda experiences i think it'll be very reliable etc. etc.

My bike purchases have taught me good lessons but a little too late so any tips will help :lol:

cheers

RiPpEr

I can tell you a little about the used Civics......with that budget in mind you will only get a used one anyway. For about 1.5MIL you could get a decent EK3 that is around 8 to 10yrs old. Make sure to get the V-Tec as they are the ones that perform. Now with the pre2000 EK generation you could get a 4 door VI which carries a 3 stage D15B block. These cars are very good (although gear ratios are not as close as it's previous generation EG's). The EK's are reasonably fast with Mods and are still in fashion as the body shell is not much different to the post 2000 EK's & the newer ES generation). I say if you are looking for looks, comfort, and a newer car go for an EK. A 95 model could put you back around 1.5MIL (for v.good condition) & a 2000 model could be going at 1.9 to 2.0 MIL.

If you want a more fun ride to maybe even drag go for the EG8 Civic. These cars although ageing are still a legend and are screamers in their own right. A really good one could go for 1.1 to 1.2MIL. Just a word of caution though. These cars have been going around and a lot of them have been pimped up......so lot's of em have gone through cosmetic & mechanical changes. Just make sure the car chassis & engine has not been tampered with or changed by unscrupulous individuals before you buy it. Good Luck man! Let us know what you ultimately go with! :(

On the topic of buying a civic..I can't really offer you any advice on prices in SL or where you can find a decent one, but they definitely are great cars:) And I'd have to agree with the other people on the forum by saying that the EG8 is a much more fun car to drive than the newer ones (and probably have more room for modifications too..but i dont know).

I have a 95 Civic (EG)..its a non-vtec, SOHC with a 1.5..its not the fastest car in the world, but it is a LOT of fun to drive. I've been wanting to buy a newer car lately, but I really can't think of one that would be a better combination of driving pleasure and fuel economy. I guess you can't expect as much in Sri Lanka, but I still get around 30mpg in the city and close to 40 on the highway (the car is 11 years old and has 162,000 miles on it).

Anyway, its a great car...but I might be biased. Good luck finding one thats in decent condition and hasn't been ridiculously riced out :) Just took a few pics of mine the other day since I had washed it...so will attach them if you don't mind!

Cheers,

S

dsc00006nt3.th.jpg

dsc00005mq6.th.jpg

dsc00009sa9.th.jpg

Wow, that's a very clean looking car you've got there! I'm guessing the SiR in Canada is pretty much equivalent to the Si in the US? I saw some of the pics you had posted a few weeks ago too..looked very nice, I'm quite envious :) But I suppose I can't complain too much either. Anyway, enough thread hijacking...lets try getting Ripper on the Civic bandwagon too!

Hey All

Forgot my password and was out from the site for months... :)

Even at only 29 speed falls hurts a bit more than they used to :blink:

My bike purchases have taught me good lessons but a little too late so any tips will help ;)

cheers

RiPpEr

Hey dude,

I know you're looking for a Civic but if you will reconsider I have a friend who is selling his fully macked out (non ricey) 97 Starlet Glanza turbo for round 1.55. It is fully load with turbo, TRD suspension, front mounted intercooler, HKS goodies, and much much more. It hauls ass and handles as if on rails and will just about whip the shit out of most cars on Sri Lankan roads. Color is Black.

Cheers, Porky

Hey dude,

I know you're looking for a Civic but if you will reconsider I have a friend who is selling his fully macked out (non ricey) 97 Starlet Glanza turbo for round 1.55. It is fully load with turbo, TRD suspension, front mounted intercooler, HKS goodies, and much much more. It hauls ass and handles as if on rails and will just about whip the shit out of most cars on Sri Lankan roads. Color is Black.

Cheers, Porky

Porkster? Whats your point here?

Anyway bro listen, my personal view is that you get a EG8 and experiment it, its a worthwhile investment and you can rice and modyfy the way u want to

Porkster? Whats your point here?

Anyway bro listen, my personal view is that you get a EG8 and experiment it, its a worthwhile investment and you can rice and modyfy the way u want to

OI TN,

My point is that this guy is on a budget and he can get a fully loaded turbo car for the price of a N/A Civic. Then he won't have to dump another 250-500K ricing, juicing, pimping or anything else for that matter. He can hit the streets with a shit eating grin on his face everytime :D

Peace, Porky

OI TN,

My point is that this guy is on a budget and he can get a fully loaded turbo car for the price of a N/A Civic. Then he won't have to dump another 250-500K ricing, juicing, pimping or anything else for that matter. He can hit the streets with a shit eating grin on his face everytime :D

Peace, Porky

Yes, but he clearly says he would love a Honda. Shall we encouage him to get a good EG8 and do some mods (your way) and some ricing (my way)

Regards,

Toy Niga

Yes, but he clearly says he would love a Honda. Shall we encouage him to get a good EG8 and do some mods (your way) and some ricing (my way)

Regards,

Toy Niga

YO TN,

Ricing never...ever...over my dead body with rampant 100 tonne horses trampling it (when still alive...aaaaargh). Yes I know he would like a Honda but I am looking from a economics POV. For me to bring an EG8 to run boost, 4 wheel disk brakes, RS suspension, reprogram ECU or run Apexi FC or Greddy it still going to come out costing around 1.5 mill (including car) maybe more, better to just get a car already with the goods. Heck then for just a bit more investment, should the guy want, I can turn it into a monster :D

Also the car is newer and them Toyota engine blocks are damn strong.

Cheers, Porky

I would agree. I remember the first time I drove madmax's Glanza. Just got in to go to the super market with max and another friend, puttered outta the lane, onto Cotta road, gave it some gas so I could shift up, and got kicked in the butt when the turbo suddenly came on :D Damn, that was a nice car...

YO TN,

Ricing never...ever...over my dead body with rampant 100 tonne horses trampling it (when still alive...aaaaargh). Yes I know he would like a Honda but I am looking from a economics POV. For me to bring an EG8 to run boost, 4 wheel disk brakes, RS suspension, reprogram ECU or run Apexi FC or Greddy it still going to come out costing around 1.5 mill (including car) maybe more, better to just get a car already with the goods. Heck then for just a bit more investment, should the guy want, I can turn it into a monster :P

Also the car is newer and them Toyota engine blocks are damn strong.

Cheers, Porky

A ricing is essentail. Anyway after my phase 2 which is the Oz alloys it will be the phase 3 which you will mod my Civic's exaust. But when we are doing that lets do a double barel ok? I will modify the rear bumper from Rohith and make provisons for 2 exausts on the 2 sides. That little ricing is needed if I am doing the phase 3 of your Honda project.

Cheers,

Toy Niga :D

Edited by Hola

Dude get a Glanza, they rock!

Ricing no way.....as for dual muffler out as long as I can find room underneath your car to run the MANDREL BENT piping evenly it shouldn't be an issue but my primary concern is exhaust gas velocity, if I lose that then the whole point of doing the exhaust system is bunk.

As for giving it to Rohith, though an angel of a man, be sure you are prepared to leave it with him for a few months :P

The OZ rims I don't consider ricing simply because they are an enhancement to your suspension system. I know the local OZ guy and he charges some 80K -125K for 15s (rims only) let me know if you want to go meet him.

Otherwise it down good ole Malay Street B)

Cheers, Porky

OMG Porks! What have you got your self into ;) ;)

Yeah dude I wonder myself sometimes :D , thank God I don't do it for a living :P

Cheers, Porky

Thanks guys for all the input.

Porkster...agree with you totally on ricing B) If it aint a performance upgrade...i wouldn't want to carry extra lbs. on my rides :D

I'm new to cars so dunno much about them but i had my bikes tricked out...they looked pretty much stock but performance-vise way beyond....

that's exactly what i would want on me civic... has to look lame-asz so those ricers would wanna take a crack at it.... And then B)

I've smoked many new cbr's on my old nsr250 with the same strategy...1989model NSR for that B):lol:

will let y'all know what i will ultimately end up with... :)

this is a good joint to talk about mods and stuff :)

y'all seems to know your stuff :)

thanks again guyz and do keep it up :)

Ripper if your intrested Chang is selling his EG8 with the ITR conversion. Its got 200bhp and it rocks! complete with a clean bodykit, projector lights and fully done interior and it will cost you a little more than the glanza but less than a VI RS.... Let me know if your intrested.

Wow, got pics of this? Did it come to the Honda Meet?

Thanks guys for all the input.

Porkster...agree with you totally on ricing B) If it aint a performance upgrade...i wouldn't want to carry extra lbs. on my rides :D

I'm new to cars so dunno much about them but i had my bikes tricked out...they looked pretty much stock but performance-vise way beyond....

that's exactly what i would want on me civic... has to look lame-asz so those ricers would wanna take a crack at it.... And then B)

I've smoked many new cbr's on my old nsr250 with the same strategy...1989model NSR for that B):lol:

will let y'all know what i will ultimately end up with... :)

this is a good joint to talk about mods and stuff :)

y'all seems to know your stuff :)

thanks again guyz and do keep it up :)

Hey dude,

Glad you're on the anti rice bandwagon, I too am into the stealth sleeper look. We folks here are always happy to offer our advic and do let us know if you need any further assistance.

10-4 over n out, Porky

The Glanza stil for sale eh porkster? shit.. if me got da bux wouldve gone for it.. sniff

@ Hola - Dont double barrel it man.. keep the car clean looking and work on the performance modz first.. bodykitz, nickel thingyz, flagz, tribal designz, tyre tagz etc. later on ;-) first, let the car burn rubber literally....

@ porkz - hehe, stealth sleeperz more like it.. the lower the rice, the higher the speed... btw, OZ costs 80k+ ???? aint there no place for cheaper with good performance?

Zz

The Glanza stil for sale eh porkster? shit.. if me got da bux wouldve gone for it.. sniff

@ Hola - Dont double barrel it man.. keep the car clean looking and work on the performance modz first.. bodykitz, nickel thingyz, flagz, tribal designz, tyre tagz etc. later on ;-) first, let the car burn rubber literally....

@ porkz - hehe, stealth sleeperz more like it.. the lower the rice, the higher the speed... btw, OZ costs 80k+ ???? aint there no place for cheaper with good performance?

Zz

I hate body kits, spoliers are not in my league too