• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Government Banned Rc Toys

RC

Thats a dumbass thing to do.

Most RC's are adjustable in terms of Frequency and distance aren't they?

Besides, those that want to will still bring in whatever they want.

I wonder if these rules apply to the politico's and their own. ;)

10 meters is 30+ feet, so thats plenty of playroom.

And as far as I am aware, there was already something in place about helicopters and planes. Just bloody posturing and trying to show that they are doing something. Publishing existing laws as if its something new ;)

What does a 30 foot range matter when u can get a nitro truck that can do more than 100kmph while carrying a payload? Even if the transmitter stops the thing will coast for more than 100 feet.

And if they want, the govt can easily distrupt the frequencies used by RCs around danger zones. I supposed if u know ur electronics u can fiddle with it, but in normal practice, there is an approved set of frequencies that RCs still to to avoid inteference from other sources.

This is really bad.. A guy said he is trying to bring down the LR3 remote control model to sri lanka and I was waiting to get my hands on it, then the govnmnt comes and takes away that opportunity. SAD SAD situ.

Hope they wont do the same thing to model cars as well.

And as far as I am aware, there was already something in place about helicopters and planes. Just bloody posturing and trying to show that they are doing something. Publishing existing laws as if its something new :

Peri, you are right, the ban on RC helis and planes was there sometime back but not officially, i remember an incidennt some time back where a person tried to fly his plane or heli near the parliment grounds and got arrested.Hmm..Satellite Tv, RC toys what next? mobile phones? Bombs could be activated through those as well!! welcome to the stone age folks... :violent-smiley-030:

With you there man. Tempted to make all mopeds roadkill, but i don't relish the idea of jailtime. :action-smiley-060:

Heard that you need to register them now. At least that will curtail the number on the road.

BTW, what of the existing RC vehicles in the country? Is the government going to stop them from being raced or showcased?

well from what i read... currently the ban is imposed on the imposed of Radio controlled toys and flying apparatuses... the present stock in the country though could be used at will and purchased where available.. the ban is effective only in the form of importing them... kudos..

Zz

Thats a dumbass thing to do.

Most RC's are adjustable in terms of Frequency and distance aren't they?

Besides, those that want to will still bring in whatever they want.

I wonder if these rules apply to the politico's and their own. :D

I totally agree with ya. Yep you can modify it not only the distance but also the torque, speed, frequency and etc. Are RCs the only means? so what next is going to be banned wound up toys these too can travel and carry a payload and if directed well can achieve most.

And yes these rules do not apply to the influential (many forms). While dishing out the ban he himself will 'green light' same for his associates.

I heard there's a guy in Panadura that builds planes... I bought a Rally Type Pajero from TommaHawk Battery operated just for fun.. but the darn thing goes up to about 30 to 50 Metres... damn awesome... it can even travel through most of the rocky terrains... but the damn batteries run down pretty quick...